Wall Charger issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I was just curious if anyone had experienced problems with the wall charger. I've used mine a lot. Sometimes I just allow my iPhone to charge via USB from the computer. It just kind of depends where I am and if I need to Sync or not. However last night. I moved the wall charger to another room. It would not charge my phone. I tried several outlets in other rooms. No luck there either. I then went back to my office and plugged it the normal jack I use. It wouldn't work either. Thinking to myself my phone is really messed up now. I plugged it back into the USB line to my computer. It instantly started charging.

Anyone else had problems with the wall chargers?

Jan 29, 2007
same here....actually will discharge the battery

Anyone else had problems with the wall chargers?
Yes...mine started doing the same thing in the pass couple of days....it will actually discharge the iPhone....I will plug it in and watch as the charge is drained from the phone.

Its been working since June 29 without issue.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Yes...mine started doing the same thing in the pass couple of days....it will actually discharge the iPhone....I will plug it in and watch as the charge is drained from the phone.

Its been working since June 29 without issue.

I bought mine i-day as well. I have no idea what's wrong with it. My problem only started last night. Thanks for the info about the discharging, that's very useful information.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I bought mine i-day as well. I have no idea what's wrong with it. My problem only started last night. Thanks for the info about the discharging, that's very useful information.

I haven't experienced this but I have talked to people at the genius bar who had the same problems.....just go there with your iPhone and charger and they will test to see what the problem is. They will just give you a new charger if that is the problem.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't experienced this but I have talked to people at the genius bar who had the same problems.....just go there with your iPhone and charger and they will test to see what the problem is. They will just give you a new charger if that is the problem.
My closest Apple Store is in Charlotte NC. I'm wondering if my AT&T store would just replace it.

blackcat

Jul 16, 2007
My charger did the same thing. Worked fine until we had a power outage, then it would charge sporadically, some days working, some not. Took it to the Apple Store and they replaced it no questions asked, it has worked flawlessly since. My phones were purchased on June 30th.

My second iPhone plugged into the same outlet never had any issues.

Try Apple Support online, they will send you a box to ship them the charger and then ship you a new one. You'll have to charge off the computer for a few days but it'll save a trip if the store is too far.

Jul 23, 2007
I wonder if the iPhone is polarity sensitive? When I first bought my iPhone I put it on my old iPod wall charger and it didn't charge after a couple hours. Used USB to computer and charged without problem. Stuck iPod on old wall charger without problems. Then unplugged the wall charger and plugged back in upside-down (reversing polarity). Since this time I have no issue charging iPod or iPhone.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I purchased the wall charger on iDay as well, and have never
used it. This post leads me to believe there may be defective
product out there.

Plug-in transformer/combination "battery charger(s)" have a rich
history of being inferior devices with over heating problems to
name just One.

When I looked at the wall device myself, I thought... "this looks
kind of like a fire hazard", and have not entertained the idea of
even using it.

But now, I'm curious.

I'll have to plug it in, and monitor the results.

John

biffyiffy

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
There must have been a meteor pass over the earth last night that killed all wall chargers. My charger, which had worked just fine for about 2 weeks, stopped working last night. And to make this even more unreal, I just got a new 8gb iPhone yesterday (had a 4gb before), took the brick out of the box, FIRST time I tried it, it also doesn't work. Can you believe that? 2 chargers, both unusable.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
There must have been a meteor pass over the earth last night that killed all wall chargers. My charger, which had worked just fine for about 2 weeks, stopped working last night. And to make this even more unreal, I just got a new 8gb iPhone yesterday (had a 4gb before), took the brick out of the box, FIRST time I tried it, it also doesn't work. Can you believe that? 2 chargers, both unusable.
That's pretty sad..., damn Anti-iphone, wall charger magnetic pulse!

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
wall charger

Damn thought it was only my wall charger. LOL
I noticed after a power outage that the wall charger worked only sparatically and when ever I moved it it never worked but when I plugged it into the computer it worked perfectly. I could not figure if it was the entire outlet component or just the interchangeable part. But with this cool rebate I am going to get a new charger. Unless anyone know if they will replace the charger. I would think this would stand up to a little power outage.