Wallpaper change manually

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
How do I change my wallpaper, the lock screen wallpaper, manually? Because the one I have right now was from a back up and it isn't changing at all. I want to change it manually through SSH so can someone give me the path?

Thank you

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I used to do this by first finding a theme with icons I liked. I would then SSH into the Summerboard app (now Winterboard), go into the theme I chose, replace the default wallpaper PNG with whatever wallpaper I wanted and respring. Hope that helps.

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, but the thing is not even the themes I have with wallpaper aren't changing through winterboard. I think it's because of my backup that I did after restoring. I restored because I wanted to get rid of customize and it's effect, but it seems the wallpaper effect is still going on. And that is the reason why i want to know how to change my lockscreen wallpaper.

Can somebody tell me how to SSH and change my lockscreen wallpaper manually from there?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry...I misunderstood you. There is a way to fix your problem. It's very common. It's around here somewhere...

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Here ya go:

Delete this file via SSH private/var/mobile/Library LockBackground.jpg then reboot.

I just wonder if the file will still be there if you retored.

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
delete it? What does it do? Just takes away my lockscreen wallpaper? And if it does what goes in it's place? My winterboards theme's wallpaper?

Thanks though for the help

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It will just unlock the wallpaper on your "slide to unlock" screen so that you can change it again to whatever you want.

boslan

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
k thanks I'll try this when I get to my computer