wallpaper fix?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i have a jb 1.1.3 and i cant save the wallpapers i pick to wallpaper library or camera roll. can anyone explain to me how to fix this?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
There is a fix, but it requires you to ssh into the iPhone and create a link between the current directory wallpaper saves the images to the one it should (mobile...) The problem is I am not sure how to create such a link!

In similar news, the Screenshot app also suffers from the same problem. It needs to be updated to save its files in the correct name format and location.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I brought this old thread back up to see if anyone had any new information that could help me? Not being able to save my wallpapers is one of my bigest disappointments. Any help would be greatly apriciated!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
So you can take pictures just fine, but you cant apply a wallpaper you when opt to do so?

Is your LockBackground.png inside of /var/mobile/Library/ owned by "root" or have it's permissions set to something too low for the "mobile" user to replace it with a new one?

I need to know exactly what the problem is, because theres also one related to the DCIM folder, but thats only if you can't actually save any photos.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'm speaking in regards to the wallpaper app provide by app a day.i can select it to be used as a wallpaper and it will. If I choose to add one to the wall paper library or to camera roll it just never shows up.
thanks in advance, any input or help will be greatly appriciated.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I do realize that this could be a simple ssh fix but my computer is down permanatly and I'm shoping in the alienware depelartment. Anyways it could be a while before I get a new one so for now I'm stuck.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm going to go on a limb here and say that your /Library/Wallpaper/ and ~/Media/DCIM/ folders do not have the sort of permissions iApp-a-Day's Wallpaper app requires as the user "root."

My guess would be to -R +777 both of those folders and then have a go with your wallpaper app and see how that fares.

I'll try having a go with this later tomorrow.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright, out of curiosity I installed Wallpaper, and it turns out its pretty neat!

The fix was pretty much what I had originally surmised, but the bit with the Camera Roll was a little more tricky. Basically the App doesn't have permissions to edit the Library/Wallpaper folder, and the ~/Library/Lockbackground.png file. For the Camera Roll you need to create a symbolic link from mobile's DCIM folder to root's in /var/Media/DCIM. Lastly give mobile's DCIM folder +777 and you're all golden... heh.

I'll put this up on my Installer Source, the applications is definitely worth it.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thank you so much! I've waited ever since the ziphine jb first came out for someone to take the time to help me with this one. I know plenty of other pple that will find this usefull as well!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You checked under General Settings app > Wallpaper > Wallpaper. They should show up right under the stock wallpapers.

Also, to enable it as your wallpaper and not just a lock screen, in SummerBoard turn off "Theme Wallpaper" and under Advance Settings turn "Wallpaper" on.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright, for anyone experiencing problems with the Wallpaper fix on my source, i.e. "Main Execution Failed!" or something like that, its because you don't have BSD Subsystem installed. My Installer script makes calls to BSD files that can alter the folders that need their permissions changed. If those files aren't there for me to use, then your permissions can't be changed and you receive the error.

I am now working on my script to detect if BSD Subsystem is first installed to avoid any further confusion.

Again, for the fix to work, make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed first.

Nov 24, 2007
Alright, for anyone experiencing problems with the Wallpaper fix on my source, i.e. "Main Execution Failed!" or something like that, its because you don't have BSD Subsystem installed. My Installer script makes calls to BSD files that can alter the folders that need their permissions changed. If those files aren't there for me to use, then your permissions can't be changed and you receive the error.

I am now working on my script to detect if BSD Subsystem is first installed to avoid any further confusion.

Again, for the fix to work, make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed first.
k for the third f***ing time.. wtf is the fix called? i got 1000's of apps here... THE NAME OF THE FIX would be nice