Walmart Prices At Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ohmster, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

So here I've been waiting a week or so for Walmart to get more iP5s so I could get BB to price match them....Finally gave up, walked into BB at opening this morning. Guy matched price of $127 without even batting an eye (no "only if they have them in stock" which is what I had heard on the phone all week). And on top of that, since no one else was there yet, he let me buy 3 (advertised BB limit at $150 is 2 per customer). Saved us the hassle of having my wife come buy the 3rd. :)

Stoked. Even better: my kids were first in panic and then in heaven at school today when their old phones went dead and they received emails stating that "your Apple ID (xxx@mac.com) was used to sign in to FaceTime, iCloud, and iMessage on an iPhone 5 named "xxx". Nice surprise.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Awesome early Christmas presents for your kids. (y)

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Yes this is what I had done ........with some other items I bought at BB
    I had the guy guy go right online in the store .....He pricematched the lowest price we found.
    Beats ordering online in some cases for oversize items you still would pay shipping.

4. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

How are they that cheap? Is that on contract or unlocked? In AU they start at about $800!

5. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Two year contract.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I just use my scan app! I scan the item look for lowest price and saved $ 30 on a heartrate sportswatch yesterday

Sent using iCafe app

7. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

It is nice to see BestBuy matching prices.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Agreed. I think they kind of had to once Amazon lost its tax advantages. And due to all the 'look here' then 'buy online' loss of sales.

Sent using iCafe on iMini

9. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I was at both Walmart and Best Buy yesterday. I was going to pick up a copy of COD Black Ops II at Walmart but got tired of waiting for someone to come unlock the case for me. Good thing too because Best Buy had the game for $20 cheaper! Even my local TomThumb/Safeway grocery store is competitive with Walmart on many items.

10. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver