Wanna see your Headphone jack moisture indicator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dakine, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Dakine

Dakine Member
    Bronze

I was helping someone out and sent this shot of the moisture indicator in the headphone jack of the 3g iPhone.

[​IMG]

People have also reported their headphones not working properly, which may be due to lint and other stuff being stuck in there.

So..this is how it should look when it is working properly, and if by chance you see a small pink line or the whole thing is pink, Apple will tell you your warranty is void.

Aloha

2. kevlar08

kevlar08 Zealot
    Gold

wow what kind of camera do you gave

3. stevetim

stevetim New Member
    Silver

It's a Canon Powershot A590 with IS. Probably using Macro or Close-up mode.

4. Dakine

Dakine Member
    Bronze

I just wanted to update this post to include Apple's support page on where to find the indicators on the following products:

iPhone 3G
    iPhone
    ipod touch, nano, classic, shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3302

5. panzeriti

panzeriti New Member
    Bronze

Sneaky Apple! That is good to know... will take a look at mine if I ever have the need to send my phone to Apple.

6. RS1001

RS1001 New Member
    Bronze

Does anyone make a "plug" to buy us sometime if we drop it in water?

7. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Also, i wonder if we buy an iPhone for parts or buy a sensor is there anyway to replace it?

8. swampduck

swampduck Member
    Bronze

hmm

about 4 months ago i had a screen issue and took it into an Apple store, the genius showed me the moisture indicator on the bottom of the phone, inside the connector...it is the same water indicator used on Blackberries, just longer, so there must be two of them

9. kevlar08

kevlar08 Zealot
    Gold

your right there are 2 indicators

10. Plastikfear

Plastikfear New Member
    Bronze

Neat thanks for the info.. I took a flashlight to mine and it looked like the picture posted. Except I wasn't sure if the one in the picture's tab was white or metallic, mine looks grey/metallic, is it supposed to be white? Either way, its not pink or red with any lines, and there is a lot of fuzz in there. Any ideas on how to remove the fuzz? It has not been adversely effecting my listening pleasure, but I like to keep my electronic items clean...

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Mine looks grey/silver as well.

12. dancincat

dancincat New Member

Moisture Indicators......

Hi, I just looked at mine and one appears to be red and the other doesn't. Now, I have never gotten this phone wet but I did apply several screen protectors.....could the thing have been activated by this? I don't recall getting any moisture in the bottom of the phone but perhaps some of the fluid got into the home screen button. Is this possible?

13. Dakine

Dakine Member
    Bronze

I have often thought that installing screen protectors to one of the reasons there are so many tripped sensors. When seeing the online tutorials and watching how much wetting agent is being put (they state the more the better) on I can't help but think when you squeegee out the liquid it would be very easy to get some in the head phone jack or dock.

The screen protector I installed on my phone was done WITHOUT any liquid, and yes, I did get some dust specks when installing it, BUT ! I just lifted lifted the film and gently touched a piece of package sealing tape (good quality) to the dust spot, the package sealing tape pulled off the dust off the film. I was able to finish the job without a bubble or dust speck to be seen anywhere.