Wanna Upgrade To 1.1.1 iPhone Is Unlocked

keem

Oct 13, 2007
Can Someone Please Help.. Im Confused With All These New Updates I Know Im Not The Only One... I Have A Unlocked iPhone I Purchased The Software From "iPhone Sim Free" The Phone Is Runing Version 1.0.2 First Everyone Said Not To Update Or Else The Phone Would Be Bricked So I didn't Updte...now Its Said That You Can Now Update To 1.1.1 How Can I Update The iPhone And Enjoy The Benifits ? I Also Seen A Newer Version Of The "iPhone Sim Free" V 1.6 Does That Have Something To Do With It ?

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
I think I can give you some info here..

First of all, if you used iPhonesimfree to unlocked your iPhone 1.0.2 before, it WONT brick if you update to 1.1.1, because IPSF method didn't mess up the baseband firmware.

Second, if you want to update to 1.1.1, you can go ahead and do it, just want to let you know that your new updated 1.1.1 iPhone WILL BE LOCKED BACK TO AT&T. No panic, just follow the methods to jailbreak your new updated 1.1.1 then install SSH, WinSCP.

After that use WinSCP to to install INSTALLER, Summerboard, and the patch for the springboard that will allow more than 16 icons.

Then go to iPhonesimfree, download the new version 1.6. Use WinSCP to upload the IPSF unlock to your iPhone, then unlock your phone.. and woala..:)

I think that covers all the concepts.. Goodluck though! If you success, please report your status.. Thanks!

mxz

Oct 20, 2007
I think I can give you some info here..

First of all, if you used iPhonesimfree to unlocked your iPhone 1.0.2 before, it WONT brick if you update to 1.1.1, because IPSF method didn't mess up the baseband firmware.

Second, if you want to update to 1.1.1, you can go ahead and do it, just want to let you know that your new updated 1.1.1 iPhone WILL BE LOCKED BACK TO AT&T. No panic, just follow the methods to jailbreak your new updated 1.1.1 then install SSH, WinSCP.

After that use WinSCP to to install INSTALLER, Summerboard, and the patch for the springboard that will allow more than 16 icons.

Then go to iPhonesimfree, download the new version 1.6. Use WinSCP to upload the IPSF unlock to your iPhone, then unlock your phone.. and woala..:)

I think that covers all the concepts.. Goodluck though! If you success, please report your status.. Thanks!
So if you upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes, you will have to do all the complex things to get SimFree 1.6 on it for unlocking it again? Is there a UI tool that jailbreaks 1.1.1, installs everything needed for IPSF unlock?