want 2 adventure in 1.1.1, but I need to know....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, all.:)
Very cool forum here as you can pretty much get any info regarding iPhone here, and I am learning TONS~~~ ;)

My question is that
Knowing you can jailbreak to put custom sound and ringtones through ifuntastic and being able to run summerboard on 1.1.1, I really want to try 1.1.1..

Mine is still 1.0.2 and has third party apps (need ebook), but was NOT UNLOCKED, and has never been.

Most of the thread talks about installing third party apps to unlocked 1.1.1 and sounds like you need virginize the phone to do whatever. Doesn't virginizing erases everything like formatting Hard drive?
I am not sure if I want to do that as I don't want to lose the cameral roll pictures and SMS messages.

If you are able to upgrade to 1.1.1 without losing the datat I said, then do you need to uninstall install.app (is that possible?)?

Please somebody give me some clarification. :confused: Thanks in advance.

bard108

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
hi there.
I bit the bullet today and upgraded and it kept everything! Which i thought was pretty damn cool!

BUT!

I then tried to change the number formatting and it died on me! Which meant i had to down grade and lost everything! It then told me I only had 300MB of total space which worries me and i haven't solved that one yet. So basically go for it. But i am in the the UK and had to change the formatting and am now (for the third time) upgrading.

Bard.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
I've just recently done this and it's been working pretty well aside from some minor glitches (like programs crashing). I'm thrilled that I did this as it adds ok more capabilities for my iPhone. In fact, I'm on my way home by now, typing this on my iPhone from the bus. Do some research before plunging in first though. I know I felt better having done so.

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Thank you for quick reply. :laugh2:

So you just upgrade through itune to 1.1.1 as you connect your phone while it has all the third party apps (I also changed some system sound and ringtone through ifuntastic)? Then go through install.app process for 1.1.1, then I don't lose sms and pictures?

Does upgrading to 1.1.1 overrides whatever I have in the phone besides SMS and camera rolls?

Sorry for the too many questions. :p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Thank you for quick reply. :laugh2:

So you just upgrade through itune to 1.1.1 as you connect your phone while it has all the third party apps (I also changed some system sound and ringtone through ifuntastic)? Then go through install.app process for 1.1.1, then I don't lose sms and pictures?

Does upgrading to 1.1.1 overrides whatever I have in the phone besides SMS and camera rolls?

Sorry for the too many questions. :p
I don't have any answers for you, but welcome to EIP! Someone will be with you shortly...;)