want a dictionary to translate email on the fly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by riow, Nov 7, 2011.

1. riow

riow New Member

Is there any app can help user to translate highlighted words in an email? Pls advice.

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Android has both "translating keyboard" and "google translate" as an app. Know the iOS can't have keyboard replacements but should have an app equivalent.

The keyboard works great. Highlight an translate anywhere you have a keyboard as expected.

uploadfromtaptalk1320661863948.png

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. riow

riow New Member

The Android keyboard sounds wonderful! Thanks for the info. However I'm still using iOS for the time being. Really want some suggestion in the capable iPhone app for this usage. Pls advice.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Nice that they are asking for help in an IOS based forum, yet you answer with 'Android has .....'
    Not helping at all of ya ask me :(

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Did a search in the app store using Translation dictionary as the search words and found this app:

Attached Files:

6. riow

riow New Member

Hi, thanks for the app. Well, I've searched many apps for dictionary and translation, but many of them are only a front-end app without backend support to help translating email s/w on the fly by highlighting words in the email. They are purely a standalone app at all. Closing email and loading the dictionary or translation app to translate something and then going back and forth repeatedly is unreasonable. Pls advice.

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Such an app would have to be a keyboard replacement to be a system available function during typing. This isn't something natively supported in iOS, maybe on a jailbroken unit though I've never heard of such an app in Cydia. How critical is this need.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk