Want to buy a 100 iPhones..any version.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
O2 stores over here are franchised. wander into one slap your wad onto the counter, and call the shots. I'm a bit baffled why you need to request in a users forum. That would be a fun afternoons work. Get a list of countries where iPhone is released, check the exchange rates and each country's reputation for 'flexibility' and get dialling.

princerefugee

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
maybe this is a mystery shopper from Cupertino trying to flush out a grey market squirrel?

Our boss wants to gift it to 100+ employees of ours. Really good guy and we as a team made him millions and he wants to return the favor with iPhones which is something we all voted for. He told me to find out where/when we can buy them but even on ebay I can't find any listing with 100 or more... I contacted Apple but they wouldn't be able to do it without activating 100 of them?! <--doesn't make sense to me.

Please help, we're actually serious no joke.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Our boss wants to gift it to 100+ employees of ours. Really good guy and we as a team made him millions and he wants to return the favor with iPhones which is something we all voted for. He told me to find out where/when we can buy them but even on ebay I can't find any listing with 100 or more... I contacted Apple but they wouldn't be able to do it without activating 100 of them?! <--doesn't make sense to me.

see Apple wants you to activate them because they have a partnership with AT&T. they don't want to sell you them without activating because that means you could easily unlock them and AT&T wouldn't see a dime

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Whatever you do don't get them off ebay. You'll end up inside!
just get Apple corporate sales to do you gift vouchers.

I've bought several for my staff. Not 100, but just called Apple sales in Ireland and they arrived 2 days later.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
the truth is 399 dollars just covers parts and assembly and shipping.
profit and marketing and R&d cost money!
Everyone who unlocks a phone just pushes up the price for the rest.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007

It can be done, a friend of mine works for a company in Beverly Hills that as a bonus gave everyone an iPhone. Just call Apple, and I am sure if you are legit, (I am not doubting you, just playing devils advocate) they will hook u up.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
yes I think gift cards are ganna be your best bet.. It might also be a bit cheaper.. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't gift cards not tax included? It will be an even 400$ and when you buy 100 that's a big chunk of tax

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You guys are forgetting that Apple only accepts credit cards for iPhone purchases ( unless they changed it again) No cash, no gift cards.
I would almost tell you to have your boss walk into an Apple store and explain to them what he wants to do, and I bet they assist him.
That crap about not selling 100 phones without activating them is a little bit of a stretch, since the person that gets the phone as a gist would have to activate through iTunes anyway.