Want to Jailbreak OTB 1.1.3 w/ziPhone. Do I have to restore?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Sorry, I searched but couldn't find any answers to this question. Plus there are hundreds of posts with titles like "ZiPhone problem" or "Question about ziPhone" or "Question about 1.1.4" So I hope MY title is clear enough.

So my jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone busted a week ago, I got a replacement that was 1.1.3. I backed up my 1.1.2 (sort of - I think - I didn't have a home internet connection and my capabilities were limited - iTunes wouldn't back up without an internet connection - so I had to just copy the files over manually).

Now I want to jailbreak my 1.1.3 so I can get the old notes, bookmarks, contacts, etc on my new iPhone, but I don't want to restore because I don't want to lose the bookmarks, notes, etc. that are now on my new iPhone, so I can't restore.

Does ziPhone restore the iPhone in its process to jailbreak? How can I back up my bookmarks without having a jailbroken iPhone? Now that I have internet, I can use iTunes to back up, but honestly I just freaking don't trust iTunes. It's screwed me before. I lost bookmarks before and I don't want to lose them again. The sync options say that the bookmarks on the iPhone will be wiped out. How do you get bookmarks OFF your iPhone and into Internet Explorer?

I don't really care about 1.1.4 that much but if I can upgrade and it doesn't cause problems then why not.

EDIT: Oh! I also purchased some music on my new iPhone and iTunes is having trouble authorizing so I can't get the songs of the iPhone. Another reason not to restore.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Hellooo, eloooo, eloooooo!

Anybody there?

Serious question here. No answers anywhere. Been looking for hours.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Seriously? No one knows the answer to this?

Can someone please give me a simple yes or no at least to "Does ziPhone restore your iPhone?"

How hard is that?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks for nothing. All I did was sync and I lost my bookmarks AGAIN! Do you know how long it took me to put those bookmarks on my iPhone? I HATE iTUNES!

Replace bookmarks on this iPhone was UNCHECKED!