want to know where the iPhone will be sold? look...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Good find pemarsh. this is a directive giving instructions on how to handle the increased traffic flow of iPhone customers. It even tells them to show the customers how to order the iPHone online from Apple.com and then suggests that once the customer has purchased the iPhone from Apple.com, they should immediately try to sell other services like FamilyTalk plans while they're in the store.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
This is a great find.... There's hope for us "current" AT&T customers, i'm guessing... This surely leads me to believe we may get away with just buying the phone, and not having to worry whether or not we're already in a contract...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is a great find.... There's hope for us "current" AT&T customers, i'm guessing... This surely leads me to believe we may get away with just buying the phone, and not having to worry whether or not we're already in a contract...
Now that directive didn't say anything about not having to get a contract when you buy the phone. All it said was after they've made their iPhone purchase, then try to add on a familty talk plan (which would mean additional lines and activations). It didn't say anything about activating the plan with the iPhone because I think that will have to be done when the phone is actually purchased whether it is purchased at Apple.com, an Apple retail store or one of the select At&t retail stores.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Now that directive didn't say anything about not having to get a contract when you buy the phone. All it said was after they've made their iPhone purchase, then try to add on a familty talk plan (which would mean additional lines and activations). It didn't say anything about activating the plan with the iPhone because I think that will have to be done when the phone is actually purchased whether it is purchased at Apple.com, an Apple retail store or one of the select At&t retail stores.
I talked to an Apple rep at my local store and he let me know that we'd be able to purchase the phone and come back later to activate it.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'd sign another 2-year for this phone....the problem is, some ppl are making it sound like we won't be "eligible", since we've already got contracts open...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I talked to an Apple rep at my local store and he let me know that we'd be able to purchase the phone and come back later to activate it.
That's good but rumors are everywhere. I don't think they'll do that because people will sell them on ebay without activating an account.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'd sign another 2-year for this phone....the problem is, some ppl are making it sound like we won't be "eligible", since we've already got contracts open...
If you visit enough forums you'll hear all kind of rumors. I don't think At&t is going to ignore it's current customers. It would be ridiculous to think they would tell a customer that is out of contract that they can't sell him a phone. All he'd have to do is say, "Then let's close this account, and open a new one." Then he would be a new account customer. naaah.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I love this line:

Don't: Advertise anything that would suggest that your location has the iPhone.

What the hell does that mean? Do they want it to be a secret or something? Or do they just want you to have to come inside the store?

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I love this line:

What the hell does that mean? Do they want it to be a secret or something? Or do they just want you to have to come inside the store?
Sounds like they are REALLY getting ready for a hell of a lot of people to come lookin for this thing...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't know what to say I hope I have that select location because idk if I can wait for it to ship and all that.
If you make sure you go to a corporate store, you won't have any problem. Go to the At&t.com site and search for the stores in your area. Once you get the results, make sure the store does TDMA Migrations. Independent Agency stores can't do this.

Go to wireless.att.com/find-a-store. Type in your location and mileage range and look for the At&t stores in your area.

Corporate stores will show a listing for all of THESE services:

|Equipment Upgrade|Equipment Recycling Program|GoPhone Refills|Bill Payments - All|Prepaid - TDMA to GSM Migration|Prepaid - Equipment

Independent Agency stores will show these services:

|Equipment Upgrade|GoPhone Refills|Bill Payments - Credit Card Only

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I love this line:

I think that was more meant for stores that do not actually have the iPhone. ....a la... don't trick customers into coming in for the iPhone when you know you don't have any for them. . .

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Independent Agency stores will show these services
An easier way to tell is it says "Authorized Retailer" in the title. If it's a corporate store, it will just say "Cingular/ATT Wireless" (obviously the authorized is implied).

n9ngx

May 31, 2007
An easier way to tell is it says "Authorized Retailer" in the title. If it's a corporate store, it will just say "Cingular/ATT Wireless" (obviously the authorized is implied).
The few days before the July 4th Holiday are going to bring a lot of sadness and a lot of happiness to a lot of iPhone fans. This has got to be the worst launch Apple has ever done. I think the best place to go is going to be any Apple store. The people at the Cingular and AT&T stores are just useless and wont be of any help when the phone is launched. Basically we know far more than they will or ever will.