Want To Learn Spanish ...

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
I've looked around for some posts on langauge apps but its like looking for a needle in a haystack !

I'd like an app for learning Spanish, pref beginners guide or something not too advanced at first ... anyone know of something ? Cheers ...

Gav :)

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I'm a little off topic because this is under 3rd Party Apps, but have you found the many Spanish instructional podcasts in the iTunes store? They are free, and they start out very basic. I took 4 years of high school Spanish and am using the podcasts to brush up. I know the Coffee Break ones offer a premium podcast for a price and you can get the written materials (PDF) for a price, too. I don't need that because I can read Spanish better than I can speak it.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I've tried a few of the spanish ones, and some are crap, but some are ok. You get what you pay for and many are just put up by hacks who don't even speak proper spanish.

Apr 4, 2009
Im learning right now, using:

1) iCaramba Spanish Course ( http://www.iPhonespanishcourse.com )
2) Talking Spanish PhraseBook

Both are great when used together. The first costs about 8 or 9 dollars, and the other is free.

Unfortunately you cant just learn a new langauge by studying up on phrases, otherwise (being the tight bastard that I am ;) ) I would only have gotten the phrasebook. But all in all, money well spent.