Want To Preview Game Apps? Go to YouTube!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I want to start a thread with YouTube videos that show how good (or bad) games on the App Store are. Still pictures are okay, but it gives only part of the story.

We love Tap Tap, Aurora Feint, Tetris and Sudoku (I have all of those) but I'm also interested in games that really push the iPhone gaming envelope. And with more and more games coming out, unless they make the Top 10, most games are not noticed.

Here's a few that caught my eye:

Moto Racer

SolarQuest

Tank Ace 1944

Vay (RPG)

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Here's another game I forgot about. I would totally buy this game if I could choose from the world's best consumers cars like Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini.

jradman

Aug 20, 2008
Circles - FOUND IT!

I found a nice video on you tube showing circles! It's soo fun and worth the dollar!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Now this is an interesting game. But I have a critcism.

DeadlySpace

Shouldn't 1942-type shooters be vertical instead of horizontal? Remember those old arcades with the elongated vertical screens. That amount of vertical space helped to have a fighting chance to shoot whatever you needed.

I guess on the iPhone, the graphics would be tiny if it were vertical.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Alright BOOOOIIIZZZ....

A Mario-type platform game with gameplay that looks really great!

Toy Bot Diaries

Some reviews said the game is relatively short, though. Still, $3.99 is not a bad price. Cheaper than Cro-Mag Rally. And you can tell a lot of time went into putting this game together.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Awesome. It just reinforces my one issue with touchscreen games in that it requires placing your finger on top of the screen, effectively impairing your view of the gameplay. Hmmm...what to do?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Alright BOOOOIIIZZZ....

A Mario-type platform game with gameplay that looks really great!

Toy Bot Diaries

Some reviews said the game is relatively short, though. Still, $3.99 is not a bad price. Cheaper than Cro-Mag Rally. And you can tell a lot of time went into putting this game together.
I have this one. It's really good. Takes a little brainpower to figure some of the levels out. Not bad for 4 bucks.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I have this one. It's really good. Takes a little brainpower to figure some of the levels out. Not bad for 4 bucks.
Yes, I agree. Fun game. Hopefully they'll add more levels in future updates.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Awesome. It just reinforces my one issue with touchscreen games in that it requires placing your finger on top of the screen, effectively impairing your view of the gameplay. Hmmm...what to do?
I agree. I tried Cro-Mag Rally at the Apple Store. Didn't like it. Real Racing could be a winner when it comes out.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Check this game out. "Funky Punch" appears to be the iPhone's first 3D fighting game.

A little cartoony for my taste. But, it has gotten a lot of great reviews. And I haven't seen anybody griping about the price of $7.99 (although if I look hard enough, I'll probably find one).