Wanted: Internet Explorer for iPhone

jarchie

May 23, 2009
North Carolina
I need internet explorer so that I can get to my employers website. I have to log in a clock in and out. The problem is that the iPhone Ssafari is not compatable. HELP!

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I need internet explorer so that I can get to my employers website. I have to log in a clock in and out. The problem is that the iPhone Ssafari is not compatable. HELP!
I know exactly what you mean because my job has a similar system that doesn't work on other browsers. However, I highly doubt that Apple will implement a horrible browser like IE.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Might try Nightglow. IE would be a horrible idea for the iPhone I think. That was the first thing I scrapped on my new Dell. Quite possibly the worlds worst web browser.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
There are many other browsers that you might have better luck with compatibility. They would be in the app store and hopefully you can get a free one to work.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
What you need is a spoof user agent, not a different browser. There probably isn't anything like that though for the iPhone.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
What you need is a spoof user agent, not a different browser. There probably isn't anything like that though for the iPhone.
I bet there is something maybe even IE if you jailbkreak your iPhone.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I bet there is something maybe even IE if you jailbkreak your iPhone.
UserAgent Faker, available through Cydia, should do what you need. Make sure you read the "More info" file before you install.

It says it defaults to Firefox 3.03, but you can edit the config file to make it identify itself as Internet Explorer.

KBoom

Dec 3, 2009
You might try just getting to work on time and clocking in from your workstation...

Sincerely,

I know you

Sintaku

Dec 1, 2009
KBoom said:
You might try just getting to work on time and clocking in from your workstation...

Sincerely,

I know you
Probably the best thing is not to cheat your employer. Also doesn't he check the IP address you use to access the website from? Won't it be different on the iPhone compared to a work PC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarchie

May 23, 2009
North Carolina
Ok, I do not know what you guys think I am doing but I am not doing anything to cheat my employer nor do I have to be at my workstation. I am sometimes on the road or in a hotel out of town with limited or no internet/computer access. I would like to be able keep up with my time the way I am supposed to do.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Anyway, there is not even an Internet explorer for Mac, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for an iPhone version.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Asking for Internet Explorer is somewhat akin to asking for Herpes. Why would you do so voluntarily?

Sintaku

Dec 1, 2009
JoeT said:
Asking for Internet Explorer is somewhat akin to asking for Herpes. Why would you do so voluntarily?
Excellence!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't know about ya'll but I can use IE on my iPhone.:sneaky:

It even supports Flash!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Man, IE even fails at displaying text correctly on the iPhone.

PS Yancy you should use a real program like photoshop to shrink a photo

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Man, IE even fails at displaying text correctly on the iPhone.

PS Yancy you should use a real program like photoshop to shrink a photo
I just had it zoomed out as far as it would let me. No editing was done at all. Here it is zoomed in for better viewing.

It does suck compared to Safari but if the OP needs IE for the iPhone, it is available from the Appstore. Search for Citrix in the Appstore. It's free. Set up a demo account. Once account is set up, log in. Go to Office Productivity. Then launch Microsoft Word. Type in the web address in Word, select the address. Finally, select Open Hyperlink.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Oh lol. I didn't realize that was a vnc app; I thought you just photoshopped IE into a iphone-like image. I could tell it was full size though lol.