Wanted - SIMple Mode Switching App

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 17, 2007
If you like to use your hands free in a car and also like to use the 802.11, you will soon get tired of switching between .11off/BTon and .11on/BToff depending upon weather you are going to or from your car.

I would PAY for a single button on the iPhone that would toggle a between a set of configuration settings. Any hackers out there up to the task?

Thanks!

velvetropeparty

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Why do you find the need to toggle off and on... I don't have battery problems leaving them both on all the time. The main key is turn the screen brightness DOWN

Jul 17, 2007
.11 walking on the BT connection

The periodic .11 pinging walks all over the BT front end in my car. If I leave it on, connection is lost and made every couple of seconds and the connection is all but useless.

Conversely, if I leave the BT on, the phone wants to talk with my car when it rings even when I am in my office (about 75 feet away from the car).

Toggling would make life easier.

velvetropeparty

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
funny... BT car system development happens to be one of my businessses eurocarphone.com , sounds like you have a really crappy car system. Who's is it?

In fact I am answering this from my car, both wifi and bt on at same time

Jul 17, 2007
Between my wife and I we have two 5 series and two iPhones. I know, boring. Anyway, both phones have the problem with both cars and all combinations work well with the .11 off.

Given the range my car's BT seems to have, I suspect the RF front end is just a bit too sensitive and the knotch filter is just not up to the task.