Wanted to say hey

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
All is good. Good to see you back and I hope you stick around. You were a great contributor here at eiC and there's plenty of awesome stuff happening with the website since you've left.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
All is good. Good to see you back and I hope you stick around. You were a great contributor here at eiC and there's plenty of awesome stuff happening with the website since you've left.
I had a good reason why I left. My mother was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia back in December 2011 and in remission in late January 2012 she's still in remission and holding strong. All her doctors believe she's going to put her cancer since she's done really well since her chemotherapy rounds back in early January through March of 2012 4 rounds of part a and b of IV chemotherapy in the local cancer hospital here where I live in Tampa.

I been holding strong helping my mother when she's needing something done to our new house we bought back in March of 2012. She can't do much like she use to as people may know that chemotherapy makes you weak until you build up everyday like shes been doing. She is the poster child for her diagnosis from what all the Hematology doctors called her as.

I cried some nights when my mother got real sick and didn't know most of the time when she was first diagnosed if she's going to make it or not. I mostly stayed there at the hospital where she was until she was finished with her induction chemotherapy (30 days) in the hospital cause the chemo they gave her is extremely poison and it kills all the bad cells and good cells. I prayed most of the nights at the hospital and at home to make my mom cancer free and so far she is! I am glad to see my mother fighting strong and knowing she has a great chance on beating her cancer diagnosis.

I still remember January 24th of 2012 when the head Hematologist doctor now my mother's doctor for doctor visits came in to her room waiting for her turn for good or bad news. He came in and said I got a surprise for you she said what's that not knowing what the surprise was he said your going home your in remission we kicked cancer butt! He did also state my mother is the first patient in her age range (58) that got in remission in a month.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but I want to come clean.

- Jamie

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That must have been incredibly tough for your family to go through. I certainly wish the best for your Mom and it's great to hear she's doing better.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
That must have been incredibly tough for your family to go through. I certainly wish the best for your Mom and it's great to hear she's doing better.
Thank you Chris, it was ruff not knowing what was going to happen during the 30 day induction (1st round) of chemotherapy. Am glad now she's doing really well she's eating a lot better than before she eats more than me now which is a great sign.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Although its due to scary medical stuff, sounds like you really have stepped up and been there for her.
Sure that has a lot to do with the encouraging results.
I'm no stranger to challenging medical family stuff, and realize that sometimes it can be frustrating feeling so powerless, and know how important it is to just be there and love each other daily....
Good to know she has such loving son taking care of her.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Yep, I made a real promise to her that when she got sick during that time my promise was to help her get over her sick days and help her get stronger. I always have been helping her get stronger and better she eats a lot more which I want her to continue on doing so because the chemo they gave her makes the food taste like metal she described to me as.

The metal taste went away and now she has a taste for food now I use to eat a lot cause of my metabolism is extremely high from what my doctor says my mother out eats me by a lot great to see that. Over the past 2 years I have learn a lot about Leukemia and how to make my mother get over her sickness and fixing the right meals, fluids and etc. I didn't know that cold flavored coffee works really well to boost and keep blood levels up.

Although its due to scary medical stuff, sounds like you really have stepped up and been there for her.
Sure that has a lot to do with the encouraging results.
I'm no stranger to challenging medical family stuff, and realize that sometimes it can be frustrating feeling so powerless, and know how important it is to just be there and love each other daily....
Good to know she has such loving son taking care of her.