wanting some info on cydia jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kobel1up, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

thinking of jailbreaking my iPad mini. cydia seems to be the way to go, but I want to know what your thoughts are here. Is their a better way to go on this?
    any help is appreciated.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cydia is automatically installed when you jailbreak. What firmware version is your iPad mini running?

3. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

it is the 9.1

this is the site I found
    http://www.jailbreak.cc/download-cydia/

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That website is a scam. Cydia is included for free with every jailbreak. There is no way to install Cydia without jailbreaking. There currently is no jailbreak available for 9.1 or 9.2. You have to be on 9.0.2 or earlier and you can't downgrade to this firmware. Your iPad cannot be jailbroken.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

thanks for the info. I am not sure if I want to jailbreak my phone, just because I rely on it so much. iPad isn't as big a deal.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I rely on my iPhones and jailbreak them whenever possible. If you are cautious, you can maintain stability. You can always restore it if you have any problems or decide you don't want the jailbreak. Is your iPhone on 9.0.2 then?

7. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

I am still on 9.1
    I used to root my android phones all the time, but my iPhone has always run great that i never saw a need. Now my iPad mini, it has a serious typing lag in safari and other apps i can type in. I kinda thought this would help that.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your iPhone can't be jailbroken, either.

Have you tried doing a hard reset on the iPad to fix the lag? Press the home button and the power button at the same time and release them when it reboots. If that doesn't work, reset all settings through the settings app.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

After you try Europa's suggestion, you may want to go ahead and update your iPad to iOS 9.2. For some iPhone users, it has resulted in a "speed bost" and "less UI lag" on their iPhones; I wouldn't be surprised if it helps with the lag issues on your iPad, as well.

And if it doesn't, it sure won't hurt, as it brings a number of improvements.

10. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

Ive tried the hard resets before, and if anything maybe this update will fix the lag.
    thanks for the response.