Warm/hot iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I know this has been discussed in other forums. But let me say I have a warm iPhone. Sometimes it gets so warm I find it hard to hold to the ear. I contacted Apple and they are sending me a service iPhone and I am sending my phone back for repair or replacement. Anxious to hear from others who have experienced the heating pad problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
my phone gets kinda hot also.. but i don't think to the point where i cant hold it.. but sometimes when talking it gets pretty uncomfortably warm

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I would say this may be a normal thing for the iPhone, although The Apple rep that I talked with said for the most part of those calling in about the problem the phones are being returned for exchange or repair. I just didn't want to take the chance.

svtguy08

Aug 4, 2007
CA
I know this has been discussed in other forums. But let me say I have a warm iPhone. Sometimes it gets so warm I find it hard to hold to the ear. I contacted Apple and they are sending me a service iPhone and I am sending my phone back for repair or replacement. Anxious to hear from others who have experienced the heating pad problem :eek::eek::eek:
Am on my third iPhone. The first two both got "hotter than normal" according to the genus' at the Apple store. Both would get really really warm when I was streaming music off of Orb, charging the phone via usb and playing the music through the headphone on my computer speakers. They swapped them out with new units each time. Now my current iPhone (third one) doesn't get hot ever. I can't make it get anything but "somewhat warm" now. So I'm very happy.

Take it back to the store and they should swap it out. The first one I swapped was still in the 14 day return period. The second one was about two weeks ago (out of the return period) and they first wanted to send it out to the service center but the manager said "their policy changed and any iPhone with problems gets swapped on the spot". This took place in Orange County, CA. I was very happy!

Best of Luck!

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Well I thought they would replace it, but I had to pay for the service phone 29.99 and they send me the service phone and then I send my phone in for repair or replace. If I had lived close to an Apple store I would have taken it back there. The closest store for me is in Nashville TN. So I just took out the additional protection plan with Apple which cost me 69.99 and they waived the 29.99. I don't understand why wouldn't Apple just replace the phone seeing it is under warranty, replace it without the additional cost? Oh well, I will get the service phone which is suppose to be new and then send mine back and wait for the replacement or repair,:p:p

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
make sure you have wifi turned off when you are not using it. That used to be the main cause of my phone getting hot. Now not so much.. If it does happen sometimes i have an app running like safari that sometimes makes it warm.

But if it happens when I'm not using the phone or have wifi on I just turn the phone off and then back on and that fixes the problem.

:)

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks, I have noticed the battery life problem. I don't know if this is from the phone being warm or what. I should get my replacement today, :cool:

Realtor

Sep 23, 2007
too hot to keep

I know this has been discussed in other forums. But let me say I have a warm iPhone. Sometimes it gets so warm I find it hard to hold to the ear. I contacted Apple and they are sending me a service iPhone and I am sending my phone back for repair or replacement. Anxious to hear from others who have experienced the heating pad problem :eek::eek::eek:
I really tried hard - three replacement phones got too hot after 20 minute phone calls; 4th phone could not hear the caller. All of this took place over a three week period. Shipping phone back, waiting on replacement, activating again, even driving 1 1/2 hours to an Apple store to try the 4th time. Finally gave up even though I like the phone and its email capability. The touch screen was easy for me to use with arthritis in my fingers. The real rub was that I had to pay the 10% restocking fee; and pay to send all my accessories to the original Apple store where they were purchased. I don't have that credit yet. I have used cell phones for 20 years and never had the extreme discomfort on my ear. The heat sneaks up and all of a sudden my ear was literally burning. They ached for hours after. I hope they can solve the problem and I will try again. In the meantime I need a good smart phone that works like a phone but can receive email and is easy to type on if you have any suggestions.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
mine got almost too hot to touch the other night but it was because I was charging it an streaming youtube at the same time. I really over loaded the battery

Realtor

Sep 23, 2007
hot phone

mine got almost too hot to touch the other night but it was because I was charging it an streaming youtube at the same time. I really over loaded the battery

I never even used TouTube, just basic email and as a phone. If this problem gets solved let me know.