Warning: 8.0 blue screen of death

Jul 6, 2007
I installed iTunes 8.0 without any problem. Synced my iPod, no problem. Connected my iPhone and saw that it was "installing drivers" then . . . blue screen of death. That has repeated 4 times. There is a thread about this on the Apple forums. Apple is looking more and more like Microsoft everyday. It's time for them to get rid of those PC ads . . .

SD

elementdc5

Jul 23, 2007
same thing here... ive tried reinstalling, safe mode and more reinstalling. still not working. Apple is really starting to irritate me. :mad:

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
colorado
oh sh--...........
i'm in thje process of downloading it? ill get back to u if i lock up
shi-........balls

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I DL'ed it and am backing up my iPhone right now with no problems

elementdc5

Jul 23, 2007
btw, im running vista ultimate 64bit. it only happens when u plug the phone in.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow, I go ofline for a couple of hours to do a quick photo shoot and all hell has broken loose with iTunes 8.0. People are also reporting that it is crashing Mac's also. I would be brave and try it, but don't need the hassle right now.

What the heck is going on with Apple? How could they be putting out all these disasters in a row? First 2.0 was a failure, then MobileMe, now iTunes 8.0. Doesn't Apple even test their software before releasing it anymore?

Wow, I just cannot believe all of this is happening from Apple. I'm glad I only downloaded on my PC"s and Mac's and didn't plug anything in.

I know Bill Gates is laughing his a** off...Mark

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
iTunes 8.0 and Genius, is working fine on my mac... no issues at all. Trying out Genius now...

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
*knocks on wood*

I downloaded iTunes 8...synced my phone a few times to test it out...played with the genius playlist...no problems yet.

again....*knocks on wood*

I also have a mac

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I am running Vista and got the blue screen of death when I plugged in my iPhone after installing iTunes 8.0. The Apple discussions forum is having numbers posts about this issue. Someone mentioned on the post to unistall any Logetech Quickcam drivers and sofware. I actually have a Logetech Quickcam so I unstalled it's sofware and drivers and it fixed my problem. No more blue screen crash. Like a damn idiot though I went against what I said I would do and tried syncing an app update. Oh yeah, crashed my damn iPhone so I am now in the process of doing a restored backup. Cannot wait for the 2.1 software update, although after Apple's cluster by not testing iTunes 8.0 with with Vista, it is making me nervous. Here is the link to the Apple discussion forum regarding blue screen crashes in Vista:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8049866#8049866

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think I have an idea about what is going on. For some reason during the install of iTunes 8.0, it uninstalled and attempted to reinstall my wireless card (yes in a Desktop PC) I didn't know what was going on so I denied the "install", thinking that something else was going on.
I realized that iTunes uninstalled my card and I re-installed it and restarted the update to 8.0. The only thing I did differently this time around was unchecked the Safari update and went straight for the iTunes and Quicktime update only. No problems at all since.
Not sure if the wifi card driver "update" is part of the Bonjour services update or something else, but it's definitely interesting....

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Well once again Apple has rushed out with release 8.0 of iTunes without thoroughly testing it especially with Vista. I have lost so much respect for them with this whole 3G and iTunes mess. I am now afraid that the 2.1 release of the iPhone software will also turn into a mess because it too was not thoroughly tested. Apple PLEASE get your crap together!

Jul 6, 2007
OK, per discussions on the Apple forums it turned out to be some interaction with my HP printer software. I turned off the printer and unplugged the USB port and now my iPhone is syncing just fine. NO BSOD!

SD

Jul 23, 2007
thanks! i just unplugged my usb hp printer and bam! it worked, no more blue screen.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Maybe it's just me, but that is some seriously retarded crap that your phone cannot sync in Vista because of a HP USB Printer. Just my opinion.