Warning! Belkin Slim Fit case falls off!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Just had my second problem with Belkin Slim Fit case falling off. This time it fell off when spraying the house for spiders. Found it much later on the lawn (can you say panic?). If this happened anywhere else my phone would be long gone. For anyone with anything other than a totally sedentary lifestyle do not use slim fit with the belt clip on your pants/shorts etc.. It is o.k. as a case in your pocket but it will fall off when you don't expect it if you use the clip! I pulled out the clip totally to make sure I am never tempted to use the clip again.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I agree 1000%.

Something about that clip makes it WAAAAYYYY too easy for the the case (and iPhone) to go bye-bye.

I had that case, and my iPhone, for about 3 days when it happened:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/omg-dropped-lost-iphone-off-motorcycle.5786/

The case slipped off my belt while riding my motorcycle! I should note I had worn my Treo on my belt, in a holster, for two years without it falling off. The Belkin Slip Case fell off at least twice (the second time was in my car).

I took that case back pronto. It's an accident waiting to happen IMNSHO.

BTW: My iPhone was returned after that bike drop--and I didn't realize it was missing till I got home.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Sorry to hear about poor experiences with this belkin case...I have had one since day 1 and I haven't experienced any problems...

On a similar note, can anyone recommend a similar case with the same type of leather belt clip style? I really like that sena slim fit case but it has no belt clip, has anyone asked them to add a clip?