Warning for iPhone business accounts

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I just got off the phone with ATT after I got a new SIM card for my iPhone after frying my old one. iTunes wouldn't let me reactivate my phone for some reason, so I called ATT and they told me that I had to update my account for "enterprise Business Accounts" which means, instead of paying 20 bucks a month for the data plan, It will go up to 45 bucks a month for the new enterprise software! What a freakin jip! Another way the man's gonna stick it to you! so be warned, if you are on a businesss account, your fees are going to go up 25 bucks.:(

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Is there a benefit with the Enterprise software? Like a BB? Or you are just on a businesss account with ATT?

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Is there a benefit with the Enterprise software? Like a BB? Or you are just on a businesss account with ATT?
Enterprise software is basically 2.0. It allows you to sync your phone with your exchange server at work. Talking with my CFO today about it, it seems though that 45 bucks is on par with the rest of the data plans out there for non-iphone exchange server phones for businesss. But, on a good note, that 45 dollars will include the GPS feature...so...we got that going for us.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dude... Wait, what? ;)

I think we're confusing several things here. There will only be one version of iPhone software, but several types of service plans. One of those being a businesss plan, the details of which I do not know. The enterprise features, however, will come to every iPhone with the 2.0 software release.

At least, this is my understanding. I could be wrong...

Now, you could be talking about data plans pricing... which could conceivably go up that much with the release of the 3G iPhone. But this would only be for new 3G iPhones (again, running the same 2.0 software)

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Dude... Wait, what? ;)

I think we're confusing several things here. There will only be one version of iPhone software, but several types of service plans. One of those being a businesss plan, the details of which I do not know. The enterprise features, however, will come to every iPhone with the 2.0 software release.

At least, this is my understanding. I could be wrong...

Now, you could be talking about data plans pricing... which could conceivably go up that much with the release of the 3G iPhone. But this would only be for new 3G iPhones (again, running the same 2.0 software)
yes you are right. There will be one version of software, but if you are on a businesss account it will be more money.