WARNING* iPhone Dock SCRATCHES YOUR iPhone~ DO NOT USE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
why wasn't a thread like this posted to WARN me~~ NOOO =*(

so got the iPhone 3 days ago. i've been using the dock to charge the iPhone and ever since the first time i inserted the phone into the dock, it was very very snug, much tighter than it should be, and getting it out takes a wiggle. so today is the third day having the phone and im seeing ONE HUGE scuffs and scratches along the bottom silver rim of my baby! im usually excessively careful about how im even touching it, so these scars were absolutely not inflicted by me. anyone know if this fits under warranty for a new one? im angrsad =*( ~?!?!

wish i knew sooner. :oops:

*UPDATE*
pictures:

this is still a warning for those who are going to get the iPhone~ don't use dock to be safe~

**update #2
ok the digital camera made it seem 10x worse. but btw, i put the top as a comparison to the bottom, as in that: the damage should only be at most what it is on top, but the bottom is obviously tons more damaged than the bottom.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga

so got the iPhone 3 days ago. i've been using the dock to charge the iPhone and ever since the first time i inserted the phone into the dock, it was very very snug, much tighter than it should be, and getting it out takes a wiggle. so today is the third day having the phone and im seeing ONE HUGE scuffs and scratches along the bottom silver rim of my baby! im usually excessively careful about how im even touching it, so these scars were absolutely not inflicted by me. anyone know if this fits under warranty for a new one? im angrsad =*( ~?!?!

I have been using the iPhone dock since day one. Actually I have 3, the one that came with it, an extra one for work and the dual dock for the bluethooth headset and I can't see any scratches on the bottom of my iPhone.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Although your thread title will likely draw a goot bit of attention, I believe that it's a bit of an over reaction.

kaidoy021

Aug 9, 2007
San Francisco
if you visit the Apple store and check out the display iPhones that have been plugged in and out all day in the dock, you'll notice the back plastic cover is building up scratches. I suggest just plug in via the cable.

cowboy

Aug 8, 2007
I bought a pair of fine Italian leather shoes once and found out later that wearing them would "wear" them.............I was soo pissssed that I wasn't told that using something could actually cause it to be not brand new anymore!:sick:

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I've been using mine with three different docks since 6/29 and it was worked fine with no scratches. No offense but you are doing something wrong or have a defective dock or something.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
You mentioned that your dock was super tight? That seems irregular as mine is not snug at all. I have wiggle front, back, and side to side. I would say to get a new dock from Apple

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
*** Warning using the phone in everyday life will scratch your phone.

It's life, it will get scratched. Putting a case on the phone will eventually scratch it. Using it without a case will eventually scratch it. Just use it and enjoy it, it's a phone.
seriously cant put it any better that that, grow up theres a lot more stuff going on in this world than your phone scratching......

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
1. maybe u forgot but i mentioned its the third day having the iPhone that i already saw scratches: normal? i wouldn't recommend it.

2. maybe you didn't read the entire post because i mentioned a possibiliby of defective dock: normal? i wouldn't say so too much.

3. the scratches are worse than you think? because it looks like the back of your motorola razr after 6 months of use: normal? probably not

4. overreact or not, im not overreacting.

besides i was asking for if u guys had had this happen to you and if u guys think its a defect?

wow flame away~ plox

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
*** Warning using the phone in everyday life will scratch your phone.

It's life, it will get scratched. Putting a case on the phone will eventually scratch it. Using it without a case will eventually scratch it. Just use it and enjoy it, it's a phone.
Right on...Enjoy the iPhone like it is and be patient about updates and such, too!

There are NO scratches from my dock.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Why are you showing pictures of scratches on the top of the phone where the dock never touches it? The scratches on the bottom look like the ones that are associated with the silicone Incase. I could see a dock doing that if it was full of sand and broken glass :p

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
that aint no dam scratch from the dock buddy u probably rolled your iPhone down the street ive been using my dock forever and i still don't have 1 single scratch on my iPhone since the day i got it ( 1 month ago)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
No scratches here, either. I would only worry about scratches on the glass. The chrome bezel will get scratched eventually, sooner than later, no matter how you try to protect it, IMO.

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007

*UPDATE*
pictures:

this is still a warning for those who are going to get the iPhone~ don't use dock to be safe~

I have used the dock almost every day since I got the phone in July--no noticeable scratches. Also, how can the dock which connects to the bottom of your iPhone scratch the top of it?