WARNING* iPhone Dock SCRATCHES YOUR iPhone~ DO NOT USE

SillyMe

Jun 28, 2007
I've used the dock since day 1 and show no signs of scratches. Not even on the top of the phone.

VicSkimmr

Aug 7, 2007
I have used the dock almost every day since I got the phone in July--no noticeable scratches. Also, how can the dock which connects to the bottom of your iPhone scratch the top of it?
Or how it can manage to scuff up the button which is also nowhere near the area that the dock touches. It is rather impressive that you've been able to scratch that button considering its recessed.

shnoogan

Jul 8, 2007
please.. that scuff is nothing, its from everyday use, as ppl have already stated. but i thought i should add another warning: don't USE iPhone WHILE DRUNK! i dropped mine on pavement, luckily the screen didn't brake and the back of the phone is fine but right at the top (near the headphone jack) there is some bad damage and my chrome is dented... but honestly one has to expect these things to happen. were only human

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, I see what everyone's saying about the everyday use will cause scratches but these look like major scratches and after only three days? There is definitely something wrong with that dock or something.

VicSkimmr

Aug 7, 2007
Yeah, I see what everyone's saying about the everyday use will cause scratches but these look like major scratches and after only three days? There is definitely something wrong with that dock or something.
I'd agree if said scratches were only in places where the dock touches, ha. Its tough for the dock to scratch the top of the phone, no?

Edit: I do see where he says that there's a major scuff there, and if the dock caused it it simply means that his is a defective one. Mine has a very loose grip on my iPhone.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
What?

yerx, if the dock is scratching the top of your iPhone you're putting it in upside down! The BOTTOM of the iPhone goes in the dock. Obviously your scratches are coming from somewhere else, like maybe your pocket.
As far as the scratches on the ones at the Apple stores, those things are taken in and out of the docks hundreds of times a day, yeah, they're going to be scratched!