WARNING iPhone Ringtonemaker users

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
iPhone ringtonemaker (Efko software)

Will NOT refund your purchase price when their product fails to work as advertised!

It stopped working, I reported the issue to their support department, they could not "fix" it and I lost all my iTunes ringtones as well.

I had to do a restore to get my iPhone to have ANY after sale ringtones.

Efko just said "sorry no refunds" Beware!

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007

Will NOT refund your purchase price when their product fails to work as advertised!

It stopped working, I reported the issue to their support department, they could not "fix" it and I lost all my iTunes ringtones as well.

To be fair, this really isn't Efko's fault. Apple keeps making software updates to block third party software.
The makers of iPhone Ringtonemaker also addressed this a few weeks ago.
From what I understand, they are constantly working on updates for this software and they also warn that if you want to continue using this product to not update your iPhone.

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
To be fair, this really isn't Efko's fault. Apple keeps making software updates to block third party software.
The makers of iPhone Ringtonemaker also addressed this a few weeks ago.
From what I understand, they are constantly working on updates for this software and they also warn that if you want to continue using this product to not update your iPhone.
I wouldn't blame Apple. I also ask for refund when it wasn't working when Apple released 1.1.1. It took them long time to get it working and I ask refund and they didn't reply. Bottom line is they have poor support.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I wouldn't blame Apple. I also ask for refund when it wasn't working when Apple released 1.1.1. It took them long time to get it working and I ask refund and they didn't reply. Bottom line is they have poor support.
If Apple does something different with their software, it is not the 3rdP developers fault that their product no longer works.

You say it took them a long time to get the product working again after the 1.1.1 release. Have you ever developed software? don't answer that; the answer is obviously from your lame statement regarding how long it took for a fix.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007

You can always use iTunes ringtones. I think Apple guarantees it will work with your phone.

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
If Apple does something different with their software, it is not the 3rdP developers fault that their product no longer works.

You say it took them a long time to get the product working again after the 1.1.1 release. Have you ever developed software? don't answer that; the answer is obviously from your lame statement regarding how long it took for a fix.

Oh yes..... I paid them money so I think I should be upset for it not working. As for the excuse that Apple blocking them, they should have thought about that before they start selling their product. I already learned my lesson. I rather pay Apple for a guaranteed product rather the "hope it will work" 3rd party software that you are defending.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Wow what a baby. You're crying because something you know isn't gauranteed to work is having a problem. This program was $10! I spent twice that on fast food last week. Calm down its not like it was 30. These guys work hard to make it compatible and I don't blame them for not refunding.

And yes I do have this program.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've not had a problem with efko. I waited for them to update with the new firmware and they did. Then when my windows crashed (surprise), I had to reinstall ringtonemaker, and the serial didn't work, so efko reset my serial so it would work. Their customer service is satisfactory IMO.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
You can always use iTunes ringtones. I think Apple guarantees it will work with your phone.
Oh yeah, lame ass iTunes ringtones.
So I can only have a limited amount of ringtones to choose from #1.
#2 I probably already have the song I want as a ringtone in my personal library so I'll have to buy it again if I want to use it.
#3 No other cell phone or cell phone company out there forces you to buy their ringtones.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
Some people will always have a10 year old's mentality, that everything should cater to them and give them everything for free.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh yes..... I paid them money so I think I should be upset for it not working. As for the excuse that Apple blocking them, they should have thought about that before they start selling their product. I already learned my lesson. I rather pay Apple for a guaranteed product rather the "hope it will work" 3rd party software that you are defending.
Have you read the EULA for the ringtonemaker software?

"d) iPhoneRingToneMaker may not work with future versions of the iTunes software beyond 7.3.1.3, or iPhone software beyond 1.0 even though Efiko Software will put all effort to keep iPhoneRingToneMaker compatible with the latest iPhone/iTunes Software. In this case, Efiko software cannot be held responsible for the loss of total functionality of iPhoneRingToneMaker or the functionality of transferring ringtones from iPhoneRingToneMaker to the iPhone . Efiko Software will not provide any refunds in this case."

To be upset because it no longer works is human nature and understandable. To think that they should forsee the future and make a product that will work no matter what Apple does to the firmware is not.
Try writing a program that will work with any modifications to Windows that Bill Gates and his teams want to do in the future especially without your being able to have any clues as to what those changes may be and see if you can come up with something that will work forever no matter what. I just bought a laptop running Windows Vista and I have several programs that worked on Win95, WinME, WinXP that now no longer work.

If the software worked for a week and then broke because of a programming flaw or didn't work as claimed (on the firmware and iTunes versions that it was supposed to function on) then I am 100% behind demanding a refund and getting one but not because the product doesn't work anymore because you upgraded the software on your phone.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I think people are looking at this more like the iToner users did. Ambrosia said that they do understand that future versions of the phone firmware may "break" their software, but their reputation means more to them then the sale, so if requested, they would refund the purchase price. I don't care either way as I upgraded my OS on my powerbook so my phone is now on the Mac OS, but it really is about the businesss model. Ambrosia wants return customers, Eifko maybe not so many.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I feel bad for the people that have had problems with this software maker. I, on the other hand, have had mostly a great experience, with one exception - which turned out to be my fault.
The latest version of IPRTM works fine with 1.1.2 and all previous versions of software. The only problem that the developer had was getting the ringtones to stay after you sync with your PC or Mac. BUT, he did create a simple enough work-around for it, and I have all my ringtones on my phone that I created.
As far as correspondence, I will say that it took several days for them to get back with me when I emailed about my problem (that turned out to be my fault) but they did get back with me, and we "chatted" through about 4 emails back and forth.
To Kency79, you obviously either didn't research the product before you bought, or didn't care, because if you had been to their site, you could have easily read the FAQ's and read about common issues and would have known what you were buying. The product now works, but if your complaint is that it took too long to fix when it stopped working with 1.1.1, then you have nothing to gripe about. There were numerous posts, as well as email, for those that purchased before the 1.1.1 update and stressed not to update your phone until the software had been tested against the new firmware. If you did not heed the warnings, that is YOUR fault.
That's like installing anysim in 1.02 and then updating to 1.1.1 after Apple even issued a statement that it might stop the phone from working, and then blaming the makers of anysim. The only difference is that you paid for iPhoneringtonemaker. And now the program works again. Be happy.

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
Thanks for hijacking what was supposed to be a heads up for people who might be thinking about ordering iPhone ringtone maker! You turned it into a childish one upmanship contest.

Also my point was that ringtone maker damaged my iPhone software so that NO ringtones were available from iTunes OR iPhone ringtonemaker.

binLatin

Nov 4, 2007
i don't get why people bought that when they can get unlimited ringtones for free

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Because at the time it initially came out, there really wasn't a method for custom ringtones on the iPhone. The program was also just 10 bucks. Totally worth it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thats what crack addicts say too.
Hey, it's a good little program that let's you edit any wav or MP3 without the need for any other software, and it puts your tunes on the phone. It does what it says it does, and at the time I got it, it was the only option for custome ringtones. I do not regret my purchase at all.

So put the pipe down and stop hatin'. (Go dawgs....Go home.) hehehe :p