Warning: iPysl = Dangerous

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Sigh, this program has ruined me.

1. The program once installed made it so my text messaging alerts stopped working. I did not notice this for a while until I finally noticed I had about 10 unread text messages at the end of the day. Apparently a lot of other people had the same problem as I did. I went to read a fix on it, someone suggested installing the update and rebooting the phone.

2. Installing the update. I installed it and rebooted the phone. The problem was fixed! I went for a couple of happy days like this, then one day, boom text message alerts stopped working, yet again.

3. Fed up. I got fed up so I uninstalled the application hoping to never have to worry about text alerts again.

4. Endless reboot! To my dismay, upon immeadiately uninstalling the application and going back to the homescreen, the spinning tiles came... yet they did not go away. I waited for about 10 minutes until finally I got mad and rebooted the phone. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Now I'm stuck in an endless reboot and cannot get out of it!

What to do, is there any way out of it? I tried Nullrivers endless reboot solution but it did not work! There is one specific wallpaper I am dying to keep, its my favorite wallpaper ever, I obtained it on the wallpaper application and I fear I will never be able to find it again in the wide variety. I am starting to think I should just restore. :( The life of an iPhone hacker.

Be warned, use this program at your own risk! Until at least the bugs have been worked out. I for one will never download this program again.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
SWOD Spinning wheel of death! sounds like a restore via iTunes is in order, open up ziPhone and press recovery mode

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
EDIT: ! YAY ! I ended up restoring. But to much to my surprise, all the applications especially wallpaper, restored all my wallpapers and images! But be warned about this program, a lot of people have had failures because of it.
P.S
Thanks aaron for that, my phone was so bricked that It could not boot into recovery mode via holding down the buttons, but ZiPhone did the trick, rejailbroke real quick too. 3.0 is amazing.

borica1064

Sep 19, 2007
Hi, I had the same exact problem with mine on Sunday. It did the same thing after I installed iPysl. It started the same way first I was not able to get text messages then when I tried to reboot my phone it went into the dreaded endless reboot! I was able to restore it and get it working again but what a pain that was. For now on I am going to hold up on adding new software until I research it here first.

David

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
since i installed it, it looked really sketchy to me, so i deleted it straight away.

good to see i was right.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Ants is another app to STAY AWAY from..........
VERY unstable......

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
I had the same problem!

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
i have the latest version, no problems.....yet.........fingers crossed......maybe for those having problems, try uninstalling it via ssh and then reboot.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Same problem, me too! Got stuck rebooting after uninstalling it too, but luckily got out of it without a restore. I'm not risking this app again till i hear some really good reviews about it. Pity though, had some useful features.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yeah it is a real pity, i was looking forward to that program

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
i had to do a restore too! i was stuck on the Apple logo after uninstalling!:mad: