Warning to all iOS 5 users!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I have just received my monthly bill and it seems that I have been billed for all of my iMessage messages! I have been billed for each individual message and I know it is iMessage because it is iMutter's number. I have been billed £102.49 for all of the iMessage usage! So steer clear of iMessage! I am in the uk just so you know.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Did this occur imessaging to other iOS devices? Which should be free. Although as of right now could only work on others with iOS 5

Or to other numbers not on iOS 5... Which I assumed would count as normal texts.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Did this occur imessaging to other iOS devices? Which should be free. Although as of right now could only work on others with iOS 5

Or to other numbers not on iOS 5... Which I assumed would count as normal texts.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app
It was between two iPhone 4's using iOS 5 beta 3

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That's a massive bill. I sent all of my iMessages from my iPad, luckily for me I own the wifi only version ;)

Dave... schoolboy error. "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

Jul 25, 2011
Vijfhuizen
It could be that your provider knows of the iMessage plan. Same as with WhatsApp, check your contract. For some, same as with KPN here in the Netherlands, just to name one, also, may apply additional fee's when its about VoIP or SMSoIP. VoIP is obviously Voice over IP, and the new thing, SMSoIP is SMS over IP (duh) but what that means, is that you send small message's like you do with WhatsApp and iMessage's may be put to your cost. So have a minute or 30 and look into your contract. They may apply these costs if your not watching out with these things. It could run into thousands..

Jul 25, 2011
Vijfhuizen
I have just received my monthly bill and it seems that I have been billed for all of my iMessage messages! I have been billed for each individual message and I know it is iMessage because it is iMutter's number. I have been billed £102.49 for all of the iMessage usage! So steer clear of iMessage! I am in the uk just so you know.

What provider?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
O.K. I hve some insight or not.
First of all my bill does not look like I paid any iMessages I will go double check so (just in case)
There was some glitches in the early betas and I was ask if I want to send as regular text
Apperently I said yes so if iMessage did not work I had to pay for that text which was 25 cents per
Hate when I have no glasses with me and text
Anyhow it was not many which got billed (I take a look in a few again)
I would check with the company I can let you have some info on what I paid so you can despute the charges !
Go bck on your phone and look if your messages are blue or green

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
O.K. I hve some insight or not.
First of all my bill does not look like I paid any iMessages I will go double check so (just in case)
There was some glitches in the early betas and I was ask if I want to send as regular text
Apperently I said yes so if iMessage did not work I had to pay for that text which was 25 cents per
Hate when I have no glasses with me and text
Anyhow it was not many which got billed (I take a look in a few again)
I would check with the company I can let you have some info on what I paid so you can despute the charges !
Go bck on your phone and look if your messages are blue or green
Yes all blue :(

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am looking at my bill and I see none of the blue in or out from you all I see is the green
SO if your phone company needs to see this I am more then willing to get this to them

85 06/15/2011 8:48AM "Your number" INTL TXT 1 Msg Out 0.25
grrr AT&T is slow
looking for other 4 I paid
I had paid $1.25 for 5 messages and no blue shows up in my bill. So if you despute the charges it's to them to proof you made them and so on my end there is no such proof.