Warning to all who have hacked the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 16, 2007
I know we all enjoy the third party applications but be careful. Closely watch which sources you install and access. DO NOT access anything vital via the iPhone because my paypal password was stolen 20 minutes after the first time I ever logged in on my iPhone. This person had to have had access to my personal information through my iPhone. I have been with paypal for 5 years and 20 minutes after I log on with my iPhone my password gets stolen! Take it from my mistake DO NOT put in any passwords through your iPhone.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I know we all enjoy the third party applications but be careful. Closely watch which sources you install and access. DO NOT access anything vital via the iPhone because my paypal password was stolen 20 minutes after the first time I ever logged in on my iPhone. This person had to have had access to my personal information through my iPhone. I have been with paypal for 5 years and 20 minutes after I log on with my iPhone my password gets stolen! Take it from my mistake DO NOT put in any passwords through your iPhone.
Do you believe that it was a Trojan that ported your password? Were you on a secure AP or on Edge? Just curious.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i think i've heard of this before, that when you use third party apps it leaves your iPhone open to hackers and such..

i can't remember where i saw it (it was on this forum though) but that is definitely something to take into consideration.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
why would a talented developer produce software for free and then hide the source? If you can't see the source you shouldn't install it. Or at least accept that you're handing your phone over to a stranger

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Weren't you the one that said he has modded and restored like 20 times? If not then sorry for the mix up.
Yep, that's me! And it was 12 times to be precise.

The first eleven times it was because I was actually considering it. The twelfth, yesterday, was to see if it could be done in 1.1.2. I am officialy done now. Mark my words.

@ kakofonix -
Good decision. Apple's apps will be much more reliable than hacked ones.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
haha fear is a funny thing for those who don't understand technology
I completely understand technology, thank you. I develop software, can you? I can take apart a computer and put it back together, can you?

What I don't understand is hacking, that's what.

- John

lefooey

Sep 28, 2007
I completely understand technology, thank you. I develop software, can you? I can take apart a computer and put it back together, can you?
You're not alone.

If it was an iPod Touch, maybe I'd jailbreak it and add mods galore. And I probably wouldn't browse anything I remotely cared if someone found out about it. I certainly wouldn't visit my bank's site, ebay, amazon, etc from the modded device.

There's just WAY, WAY, WAY too much sensitive information and way to much exposure to risk to play the jailbreaking game with my iPhone.