Warning: When Updating the Firmware to 1.1.3

Sep 29, 2007
Myself am staying at 1.1.2 for these reasons.

-You are not able to downgrade so far. When doing so your phone says incorrect sim as the base hand seems to think it is different and everything gets screwed up.

1.1.3 firmware at this point, but in the event that you do, proceed with caution. Nate True, the guy that brought us a video walkthrough of the supposedly leaked goods, is reporting that he can't seem to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 after performing the install. Locked phones show an "Incorrect SIM" error -- a problem unlockers of yore are all too familiar with -- while previously unlocked phones can't be upgraded to 1.1.3 at all. Let's be honest, though: if you somehow managed to score a copy of 1.1.3, is that really going to stop you from going for it?

[Thanks, cingular#1]

Update: We're hearing that the phenomenon observed by Mr. True has existed since the very first firmware release; it's a state the phone enters whenever it finds a baseband version different...
-Nothing really new actually that we didn't have with jailbroken. We had gps with Navizon, we had SMS forwarding+ more, we didn't have home page books marks (oo darnnn :p).

-No Jailbreak yet.

BIG WARNING: There is an application called 1.1.3 Prep or something along those lines it WHICH IS A TROJAN. It will not destroy your phones but mess up a few apps such as OpenSSH and more. Do not download this at all costs.

My speculation: I think that there will be a way to downgrade soon but first we will have to find a way to change the basehand on 1.1.3 and to do that we will need jailbreaking. Also since this will be much much harder to jailbreak it will take many months to do so. We will have to jailbreak it and if thats not hard enough we will have to find a way to change the basehand and after that we will have to make sure it even works with the new iTunes 7.6. Apple threw a lot at us and we will have to work fast or stand out ground.

I will update later when I find out more about it. Sorry for a new thread I just thought I would put that out there so people can see that you cannot downgrade as yet.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Myself am staying at 1.1.2 for these reasons.
My speculation: I think that there will be a way to downgrade soon but first we will have to find a way to change the basehand on 1.1.3 and to do that we will need jailbreaking. Also since this will be much much harder to jailbreak it will take many months to do so. We will have to jailbreak it and if thats not hard enough we will have to find a way to change the basehand and after that we will have to make sure it even works with the new iTunes 7.6. Apple threw a lot at us and we will have to work fast or stand out ground.

I will update later when I find out more about it. Sorry for a new thread I just thought I would put that out there so people can see that you cannot downgrade as yet.
I read that because the baseband is different in 1.1.3 jailbreaking will be relatively easy and in the works as we speak.

Sep 29, 2007
I read that because the baseband is different in 1.1.3 jailbreaking will be relatively easy and in the works as we speak.
They said 1.1.2 was easy and look how long it took. Also I said the basehand is different so why are you repeating it?

What if we need to use an application like okto prep to jailbreak 1.1.3 and what happens to those people who already upgraded to 1.1.3 cant downgrade to 1.1.1 to install oktoprep or whatever it will be for 1.1.3? Then the people who upgraded to 1.1.3 cannot jailbreak unless someone finds an alternate way.

Time will tell, its not even 24 hours yet.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
They said 1.1.2 was easy and look how long it took. Also I said the basehand is different so why are you repeating it?

I think that there will be a way to downgrade soon but first we will have to find a way to change the basehand on 1.1.3...
That's what I read and it sounded to me like you thought that the baseband remained the same. Bottom line, those that haven't taken the plunge will have an easier jailbreak than those that did upgrade rather than wait for an oktoprep-like fix, like you said.

Sep 29, 2007
Yes exactly. Also a momment ago I just went on my installer app and there is a little notice from them saying not to upgrade aswell if you don't want to just take my word.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Now, I'm way behind, old skool.... Still going great with 1.0.2!
Maybe it's time to upgrade this baby... ?

Nov 9, 2007
i just upgraded jailbrake 1.1.2 otb to 1.1.3 n the installer want away n now i cant jailbrake it or downgrade it so i'm prety much stuck n have to wait for sumone to find a way to jailbrake 1.1.3 so just to let u knw people wait for them to find jailbrake for 1.1.3 before u upgade it

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Now, I'm way behind, old skool.... Still going great with 1.0.2!
Maybe it's time to upgrade this baby... ?
you can upgrade to 1.1.2 and still rock third party apps.

I was like you for a while, but there really isn't a reason I can think of to stay on the older firmware.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
i just upgraded jailbrake 1.1.2 otb to 1.1.3 n the installer want away n now i cant jailbrake it or downgrade it so i'm prety much stuck n have to wait for sumone to find a way to jailbrake 1.1.3 so just to let u knw people wait for them to find jailbrake for 1.1.3 before u upgade it
Why would you update then? This to me sounds like someone that just can't help themselves but to put their hand in the fire.