Warranty - 1 at a time only?

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I had two different problems (loose silent switch and a broken datacable), when I took my phone to the Airtel store (iPhone support in India). They replaced my phone! But did nothing about the cable. They said, they could only raise one complaint at a time. It took 2 weeks for my phone to come back to me. And now they are going to repeat the process for the cable all over again!

I have bought a cheap, china made data cable for time being, but is this how Apple work?

On a lighter note, why does china even make iPhone data cables? Its not even launched there?!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They are much faster in the US. If you ship it to them on a Monday, you'll likely have it back by Wed. or Thurs. I doubt they would have made you wait if you had taken it to a US Apple store.
On a lighter note, why does china even make iPhone data cables? Its not even launched there?!
It's difficult to find anything that isn't made in China anymore. Even if it's an American made product, like say a Computer, at least several of the parts will be made in China.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I had two different problems (loose silent switch and a broken datacable), when I took my phone to the Airtel store (iPhone support in India). They replaced my phone! But did nothing about the cable. They said, they could only raise one complaint at a time. It took 2 weeks for my phone to come back to me. And now they are going to repeat the process for the cable all over again!

I have bought a cheap, china made data cable for time being, but is this how Apple work?
I think if you had an Apple store in India and went into that store, they would have replaced BOTH at the same time.

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
They are much faster in the US. If you ship it to them on a Monday, you'll likely have it back by Wed. or Thurs. I doubt they would have made you wait if you had taken it to a US Apple store.
Maybe if I go down to bangalore myself... Thats the only repair location in India. And I am not sure I can do that directly. My carrier looks after the support. I have to go through them.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
It costs much less for a 5 year old in china to produce your cables than a machine in America. Its called outsourcing.