Warranty good for Battery?

Dec 8, 2008
N
I mean.... I gotta charge at least twice a day! Sometimes 3 (like today), so im wondering if the normal warranty that comes with the iPhone 3g (bought in November) if it will cover my poor battery perdormance... What do you think?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
and, yes, they should replace your iPhone if you have to charge twice a day... assuming you're not doing anything dumb like leaving the screen on all the time.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Sry about the spelling,

How long does it take for the whole deal?

Do i have to wipe anything from my device?

And i haven't left my screen on all day or anything, i just use the phone normally...and thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you just need to make a genius bar appointment... they are in 15 minute intervals.

if your iPhone is jailbroken, you definitely need to restore it to factory settings. as for personal data... only wipe it if you are worried about the stuff falling into the wrong hands.

Dec 8, 2008
N
I just edited the tittle and it doesn't show a fix only until you enter thread...

Dec 8, 2008
N
you just need to make a genius bar appointment... they are in 15 minute intervals.

if your iPhone is jailbroken, you definitely need to restore it to factory settings. as for personal data... only wipe it if you are worried about the stuff falling into the wrong hands.

There isn't an Apple store around where i live so i cant do the "genius" thing. I could send it in, im wondering how long will that take...

longpigs

Dec 22, 2008
Make a call to Apple Store. My friend had to wait a month to get her new iPhone.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I mean.... I gotta charge at least twice a day! Sometimes 3 (like today), so im wondering if the normal warranty that comes with the iPhone 3g (bought in November) if it will cover my poor battery perdormance... What do you think?
it really depends what youre doing. if youre doing nothing but surfing the web or watching videos with 3g, wifi, bluetooth, everything turned on, its not too crazy for the battery to run out in just a few short hours.

just let us know what your usage is and what all you have turned on and we might be able to tell you if its bad or not

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Don't forget to back up your phone before you get it replaced. Then when you first hook it up you can restore from
the backup.

Dec 8, 2008
N
it really depends what youre doing. if youre doing nothing but surfing the web or watching videos with 3g, wifi, bluetooth, everything turned on, its not too crazy for the battery to run out in just a few short hours.

just let us know what your usage is and what all you have turned on and we might be able to tell you if its bad or not

I use 3g on all the time, i generally surf web a lot and make calls, i do use the ipod during thr surf but i can see battery performance decrease compared to thr first couple of months when i used the phone the same way.... I would hate to give my phone to Apple for a month....

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Making an appointment at Apple often has a MUCH faster turnaround time.

I had an issue with a v1 that belonged to a friend of mine and the turnaround time was about a week, still pretty long though.