Warranty Lie: Don't buy ZAGG Invisible shield for iPhone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unitas

unitas Member Bronze

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    Thank you for contacting ZAGG, where we are Zealous About Great Gadgets! My name is Rob. How can I assist you today?
    Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK151035514113X
    Chris: Hello, I would like to get a replacement shield for my iPhone but I don't want to pay shipping.

Rob: Could you please provide me with your order number, so I can assist you further?

Chris: OS1074712

Rob: Thank you.

Rob: Please wait while I look that up.

Rob: What is the reason for needing a warranty request?

Chris: the adhesive is coming off and minor damage while protecting my iPhone.

Rob: I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to waive the shipping and handling charge for a warranty request.

Chris: ok thanks

Rob: Is there anything else I can assist you with before we end this chat?

Chris: Can I pick up a replacement in the store?

Rob: The stores are independently owned and some may do it, but I suggest calling ahead.

Chris: Can we get free ground shipping? I find it hard to believe its 3.95 for shipping. If this is the case I will never buy a Zagg product.

Rob: It is also handling that is included, we have to package and send it out as well.

Chris: I've only had this product for 3 months.

Rob: I am sorry about that, but the warranty request does require a shipping and handling payment.

Chris: I've only had this since june 25th so about 2 months. I'm never going to buy another ZAGG Product and I'm going to blog and post my experience in forums to let people know.

Rob: I am sorry that you feel that way, most people understand the shipping and handling cost.

Rob: Is there anything else I can assist you with before we end this chat?

Chris: thanks for that quote Rob, take care.

Rob: Thank you for contacting ZAGG, where we're Zealous About Great Gadgets! Have a nice day.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Everythingicafe members please don't use ZAGG products. I've only had this product for 2 months and I paid $30.00 for the full body invisible shield and it's already pealing off and looks like garbage. The "warranty lie" is that it doesn't say anywhere on the box about $3.95 shipping and handling. It just says life time warranty and yes I know it's just $3.95 but that was a bad experience.

Please let Zagg.com know about this experience and how it influenced your decision to buy a competitors product.

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot Moderator

If the warranty didn't expressly say that return shipping would be covered in warranty claims, they didn't lie when they asked you to pay for it. I don't expect free shipping for returning a warranty product at all, unless the company promises it in advance. I bought a Booq bag that was defective last year and had to pay over $10 to ship the $100 bag back to them. They shipped me a replacement for free. I wouldn't be that upset with Zagg if I were in your shoes.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius Gold

Also, I know a heck of a lot of people who've had very good experiences with both products and service from these guys.

I'm sorry that you feel unsatisfied and angered by their response to you - but I hardly think it justifies a call for everyone to boycott them.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

I don't see much of a problem here, if they have shops/outlets that sell these products, go and get another one. Do what the guy said and call ahead first, it wouldn't do you any harm.

It's not as if this product cost you a lot anyway.

6. mittenman

mittenman Member Silver

7. RossMc

RossMc Zealot Gold

There Customer Services is good in my opinion.

When I had a Nokia 5800 a while ago I wanted a Invisible Shield for it and found a code on the internet to get 50% off the order and when I tried the code it said that it was not valid on the Zagg website even though the website that the code was on ran out two days after.

I emailed Zagg and asked if this code was still valid or had the site that had the cupon code on got the expiry date wrong. I recived a email back the next day from Customer Services and they said that the site had the expiry date of the 50% off code wrong but they gave me another code which would get me 50% off. They didn't need to do this seen as though it was not there fault that the site the code was put up on got the expiry date wrong but they did it.

Then I got the Invisible Shield and messed up the installation. I emailed Zagg and asked them what there policy is about someone messing the installation up. I also recived a email off them one or two days later and the person said that there warranty does not usually cover messed up installation but as a one off this time they would replace my Invisible Shield all I had to do was pay for shipping.

Again they did not have to replace it for free with just the shipping cost they could of said to me that they wont replace it.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

I saw no problem with ZAGG after reading that transcript.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

me neither.

10. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Evangelist Gold

...to be honest, at this rate, I'm willing to pay the shipping for you. Zagg is a great product, and offer great service.

11. psylichon

psylichon Genius Moderator

I didn't think anything shipped for less than $4 nowadays.

12. Hawk

Hawk Genius Gold

unless it over a certain amount and you qualify for free shipping...

BTW, when I had the IS on my V1 phone and had to remove it to exchange the phone, it was $5.95 for shipping. They send out a complete brand new one. The only reason i am not much of a fan anymore is the yellowing that happens, plus once an edge starts to peel, you either trim the edge off or live with the peeling.

13. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member Gold

ZAGG is fine pay the shipping

14. jongraytv

jongraytv New Member

I just completed a warranty replacement with Zagg, they were professional and courteous and replaced the product without question.

The shipping and handling cost is explained clearly in the T&C's. Considering the cost of a new one is $20+, the shipping cost is quite miniscule considering they ask no questions and just complete the exchange. This makes Zagg's warranty a rare commodity in this new iPhone world!

15. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist Gold

If that's the worst customer service experience you've ever had I wish I was you. There are far worse customer service stories out there than that one. But ZAGG seemed polite and professional in that session.

--
    Mike

16. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot Gold

I have been with Zagg .com since the first original iPhone I owned and I NEVER had a bad experience them. I mean cmon dude its shipping cost. They are going to send you a free shield. I have always received good customer service from these guys.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

"The sense of entitlement is strong in this one."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZipZap

ZipZap Member Silver

After only 2 months the charge is not reasonable and they should have sent a new one for free.

Call them directly, and be polite but start of saying that the product has given you trouble from the start.

It does not cost them $3.95 to put it in an envelope and send first class mail...what does it weigh 1 billionth of an ounce.

I do agree with the other poster go to the kisosk and see if the will help.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

But we don't know the conditions under which his screen protector started peeling and what caused the "minor damage."

20. ZipZap

ZipZap Member Silver

You are overthinking this...2 months is nothing for something with a lifetime warranty.

Call....complain...

21. PapaST

PapaST Member Bronze

Kind of one reason why I use BestSkinsEver. Cheap for $8.00 and shipping is either nothing or probably less than a buck. I like how they handle the 3GS corners as well.

I do use Zagg for my other devices that BSE doesn't make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.