Warranty Lie: Don't buy ZAGG Invisible shield for iPhone!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You are overthinking this...2 months is nothing for something with a lifetime warranty.

Call....complain...
I think you are giving the person the wrong advice for something that
a) doesn't sound like it was installed correctly
b) the company is more than willing to replace.

He just needs to satisfy the shipping charges.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You are overthinking this...2 months is nothing for something with a lifetime warranty.

Call....complain...
He did. They offered to honor the warranty; just pay the shipping like everyone else. If they covered S&H at 60 days, what about 65? If 65, why not 70? And so on, and so on.

I honestly don't see what's so bad about $3.95 for shipping when they pretty much have a rather liberal warranty policy.

--
Mike

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
OP I sympathize with you. I would be mad as well if I had to spend more money on a product that failed. Most warranties will send you a prepaid return envelope.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I never heard of ZAGG until I started reading this thread. To be honest, if that was my company, as a courtesy, I'd mail out the replacement for free. The markup on this stuff must be extraordinary. When you pay $3.95 you are essentially covering their cost for the product and then some.

I've tried these plastic shields and I don't like them at all. My phone is eight months old and it doesn't even have a scratch.

EDIT: Best Buy sells this shield. Buy the shield and return the old one for a refund. This way you'll save the shipping. They sell is for $21.00

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I never heard of ZAGG until I started reading this thread. To be honest, if that was my company, as a courtesy, I'd mail out the replacement for free. The markup on this stuff must be extraordinary. When you pay $3.95 you are essentially covering their cost for the product and then some.

I've tried these plastic shields and I don't like them at all. My phone is eight months old and it doesn't even have a scratch.

EDIT: Best Buy sells this shield. Buy the shield and return the old one for a refund. This way you'll save the shipping. They sell is for $21.00
That is fraud.

I can't believe what people will do to save $4, as they throw away a half-empty $5 cup of Starbucks. Amazing.

--
Mike

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yeah seriously. I thought I'd chime in here and add my $0.02 that ZAGG is not in the wrong here. That CSR on the transcript was very friendly. How can you call that bad customer service? If you can afford the Invisible Shield to begin with, you can afford the > $4 shipping. If you can't, I suggest you sell some lemonade before summer is over.

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
I think it's more like a bad company policy. When I purchase a product and it fails, I do not expect it to cost me additional funds to get it repaired. That just drives up the cost of the product. The replacement product should be shipped free to the customer. The manufacturer should be the one that incurs this cost, not the customer.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think we have reached the point of pointlessness in this thread. The OP is, in fact, wrong for whining. It may be his right, but he's still wrong. And so is everyone supporting him on his quest for $3.95 ( which apparently equates to poor customer service in his mind...)

I think it's time to let this thread fall to the way-side, and move forward.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I think we have reached the point of pointlessness in this thread. The OP is, in fact, wrong for whining. It may be his right, but he's still wrong. And so is everyone supporting him on his quest for $3.95 ( which apparently equates to poor customer service in his mind...)

Come on, Hawk, I'm just getting started! ;)

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Best Buy sells this shield. Buy the shield and return the old one for a refund. This way you'll save the shipping. They sell is for $21.00
It'll probably cost more than $4 worth of gas for the trips there! Just pay the $3.95 and get on with your life.

You can probably scrounge up $3.95 in change if you look hard enough...

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska

Yeah well you're opinion is wrong.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah well you're opinion is wrong.
So is your grammar.

I agree with Hawk and the other posters saying ZAGG is not in the wrong.

Btw, it clearly says on their site that for all warranty replacements, you have to pay shipping and handling fees:

Q: Does it cost anything to get a replacement?

A:per the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, your replacement invisibleSHIELD is free. To process your replacement request, the credit or debit card of your choice will be charged a minimal shipping & handling fee, and pre-authorized for the full retail amount of the invisibleSHIELD you are replacing. The temporary hold on these funds will "fall off" (or be released) if you return your original invisibleSHIELD within 25 days of making your replacement request. Please note that you must return your original invisibleSHIELD within 25 days or your card will be charged the full authorized amount.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007

Agree that they should have covered the cost...2 months is too soon.