Warranty Question

voldak

Sep 24, 2007
I doubt this would be covered under the warranty, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

The lower volume button on my phone is messed up. It works, but It works to well. A lot of the times, before I lock the phone to stow away in my pocket, it will manage to get turned all the way down. So that I hear no ringtone or anything. It's also a pain to manage sound of phone calls/songs. Because if you hit the down button once and stay on it too long, it'll fly down. Basically, the "click" aspect of the button is gone.

Just wondering if this might be covered at all. It's really the only problem i've been having...besides weird power offs lately. Thanks in advance! :laugh2:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have not heard of people reporting that problem, doesn't mean they haven't. Do you have the phone in a case? I have mine in a contour case and the buttons on the side and top are sunken in pretty far so they are not able to be pressed accidentally. I don't know if this is covered under the warranty or whether or not Apple will even see it as a problem but you might consider getting a case that wraps around the buttons and see if that helps with the problem your having.

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
just buy one of the plastic cases the make the phone more bulky, makes the volume tabe harder to hit.

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
case case case! keep it safe :laugh2:

voldak

Sep 24, 2007
I'm actually looking into a case today. Any specific recommendations for one? I want to keep it thin, but making the buttons harder to hit would be a plus.

I've looked around before, but there are tons of cases. I've searched the threads for it before too, just don't know where to start for what i'm needing.

Thanks all for the advice! It is greatly appreciated.