Was able to get last available iPhone, but it was damaged

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Could be possibly the most heartwrenching day of my life.
I will update this thread later, I have to go to class, and I will type it there.

Today really sucked.:mad:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Aw man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Till later...

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Hmmm, what ever it is, sorry to hra man, doesn't sound to good.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Anybody care to guess what happened?

I guess he went to the Apple store, 2nd in line and eager to buy his new iPhone 3G 8GB. Everything went according to plan once the store opened down to the genius swiping his credit card and BOOM!, disaster strikes.

What's in your wallet?*

*Message (that should have been)paid for by CapitolOne

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
if not getting a phone is one of the worst things in his life then I envy this person, he is very lucky...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Leaving us hanging, bro...You have me worried.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I HATE it when someone calls me and says "I have something important to tell you later" just shutup about it and tell me later why would you have to tell me that your gonna tell me something later? Now I'm sitting her waiting and guessing what you have to say, damn you! :laugh2:

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I HATE it when someone calls me and says "I have something important to tell you later" just shutup about it and tell me later why would you have to tell me that your gonna tell me something later? Now I'm sitting her waiting and guessing what you have to say, damn you! :laugh2:
I couldn't agree more.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Eh, sorry guys. I had to drive over to my class, I was running late.
And I suppose it really isn't a big deal.

So it's 12 in the morn, and I decide to check Apple to see if they will be getting a shipment. They are, but I figure I will have to go another time, because my primary account holder is my mom. She and I have decided to stick with ATT and try to convince them to keep our old plan.
Well, its about 12 in the afternoon, and I am in the mall. I pass the Apple store, and see there is a line of about 3. Just my luck! I call my mom, tell her to drive on down,so that we can pick up our iPhones. I had given up on the hopes of keeping our old plan.
I have been waiting for an iPhone for about an hour. It's 1, I still have work to do, and I need to get my paper done and submitted online before class. (5:30). I finally get it, only to find out no more black 16gigs, only thing left are white 16. Who care? I'm getting an iPhone no matter what today. I go with the white and get ready to activate.
As we are going through the process, the Apple employee reaches an error. He goes back, comes back much later, and tells me to call ATT to uncode this message. As I do so, he opens the box, and lo and behold, there is is this nasty, ugly colored brown mark on the back of the phone. Only remaining one as well.
ATT is no help, and it turns out I have to go to ATT to get my phone, no matter what. Forced to. Even though my precious ("slightly") iPhone is sitting right there.
Damn, so I head over to ATT, and looks like I'm going to have to DF. We are placing an order when he mentions it will take about 2 weeks. I knew that, but oh crap. I'm in BC at that time. Won't be able to pick it up.
Wait! It gets better! ATT's system just decides not to work! So no DF after all! Just plain no iPhone. I wouldn't mind so much had there been no iPhone sitting just 1 foot away from me in the Apple store.
And so here I am. I come home, and I wasn't able to get my final paper completely done. I am going to have to settle for whatever grade I get. Which might bring my A down. And I don't even end up with a fricking iPhone. Yipee.

So you might not feel it wasn't heartwrenching. It might not be to you. The story might not have lived up to whatever you thought. Who cares? I've waited 7 months for this phone. And I've never been so close to getting this dang thing. It's all such a big hassle that is pushing me away from this phone. I'm taking this thing personally because I've waited such a long time for this phone.

One more thing. ATT and Apple need to get their crap together.
ATT doesn't get any shipments because Apple is giving all of it to their stores. Why? B/c Apple employees don't get comission, which in turn saves Apple money. The downside? Apple can't handle half the problems of the 3g activation process. ATT can, but they don't get phones. They are losing money. Not that I care, but I do care about the employee who can't support his family because he lives off comission.

Anyways, thats my lame story. Hope you enjoyed.
I was incredibly

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well it all makes sense now. You are not supposed to have a white iPhone, man!

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
BTW- What was the site for Direct Fufillment that provided your place in line for ques, etc.?

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Hmm.. wonder how I missed this yesterday.

I'm sure the added layer of frustration and wait time will make it even sweeter when you finally get it. And don't listen to Dave ... you WERE meant to have a white one. :)

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
nothing would suck more than to get that close and walk away empty handed

sorry bud

hope it comes soon