Was gonna get black, but fell in love with white

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I was all planned to get black but then I noticed the finger prints problem. It always looked really greasy while white always looked clean. I caved and got white! Anyone else have this happen to them?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
My store was sold out so I didn't get one, but I'm still thinking black, mostly because it matches my MacBook. But after seeing real pictures of it, yes the white does look very nice.

- John

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
I went with white because it matches the cable and earbuds. It also matches the keys on my iMac keyboard and my mouse. I like the coordinated look. :cool:

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I went down to to local AT&T stores-sold out at the first-got in line at the second-was told i was going to be the last to get a 32 gig black one but they miscalculated :-( They gave me a white one and told me to come back in a few days are swap out for the black with no restocking fee. I'm not really sure i will swap it out now lol . The back ones at the store were covered in fingerprints-like the screen always is-I just might keep the white ;)

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
I got a 16g white and it is absolutely amazing. The phone is beautiful.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Planned on getting a 16 GB white from the start, it's incredible.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Correction 16 gig lol that's what i get for reading the rumors of 32 gigs;)

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
i wonder if they will charge the restocking fee if i want to come back before 30 days and swap out for the white 16gb (and pay the diff since i got 8gb)? it'd be awesome! i just didn't have the cash for the 16gb right now. but i love the white!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
They didn't even have a white one set up at the AT&T store I went to. I would have at least liked to compare.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
They didn't even have a white one set up at the AT&T store I went to. I would have at least liked to compare.
Same at our store. Since I was the first white, people were asking to see mine to see if they wanted it.

Fairy_dust

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
At least you guys get a choice, I'm so jealous. Here in the UK the white one won't be available till December time. I really wanted the white one, but I want an iPhone asap so looks like I'll have to settle for a black one. Can you believe our local O2 store only had 6 iPhones in stock this morning - absolutely pathetic! They also have no idea when anymore are coming in.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Phil and Joe convinced me to stick with black, as it will look better in the long run, not picking up dirt and all.

- John

xomwah

Bronze
Apr 28, 2008
any decent pics of white 3g online?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I went down to to local AT&T stores-sold out at the first-got in line at the second-was told i was going to be the last to get a 32 gig black one but they miscalculated :-( They gave me a white one and told me to come back in a few days are swap out for the black with no restocking fee. I'm not really sure i will swap it out now lol . The back ones at the store were covered in fingerprints-like the screen always is-I just might keep the white ;)
I would keep it. 32GB should be a collector's item since THEY DON'T MAKE THEM! ;)

Did you get something in writing that says you can exchange it for free? I would be concerned that when you go back there, they will have no clue and refuse for you to trade it in.