Was your iPhone sealed when you got it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
As the title says, was your iPhone sealed in plastic when you got it?

I got my iPhone from ATT store about 4 months ago and it was NOT sealed in plastic.

All the iPhones ive been seeing on ebay are sealed in plastic. Why are some phones sealed and and some phones not? any ideas? Did i buy a new refurbed phone? Not that i have anything wrong with it yet but just curious

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nope.

When I opened the box, there was the shiniest thing I'd ever seen, sitting right there. No plastic involved.

- John

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Yes, my iPhone was sealed in shrinkwrap. If there was no shrinkwrap on the box, I would consider that very suspicious. There is no reason Apple would make some iPhones with shrinkwrap and others with nothing to keep people from opening the boxes at will.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think he may be talking about the bag from the store. AT&T started heat-sealing iPhones in special bags when purchased... "for security". Mine came this way.

And yes, the box inside was also shrink-wrapped from Apple.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
As the title says, was your iPhone sealed in plastic when you got it?

I got my iPhone from ATT store about 4 months ago and it was NOT sealed in plastic.

All the iPhones ive been seeing on ebay are sealed in plastic. Why are some phones sealed and and some phones not? any ideas? Did i buy a new refurbed phone? Not that i have anything wrong with it yet but just curious
Are you talking about the box it came in or the actual phone being sealed? My box was sealed and upon opening it, the iPhone was covered up too in hard plastic. All 3 of mine were this way.

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
yes I am talking about the box itself. My box was not sealed from the ATT store. Hey I haven't had any probs with the phone so whatever i guess..... Not like i can go back to the store 4 months later and say hey you gave me a phone with no shrink wrap I want another one... lol

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay. Here's the rundown:

Yes, the bag was heat sealed. It was very frustrating to open.

Yes, the iPhone box was shrink wrapped.

No, the iPhone itself had nothing on it.

- John

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Okay. Here's the rundown:

Yes, the bag was heat sealed. It was very frustrating to open.

Yes, the iPhone box was shrink wrapped.

No, the iPhone itself had nothing on it.

- John
MacMan,
You forgot to explain the "Shine" in your current post, as you did in your previous post. You described my thoughts exactly, when I got mine. You took me back to the wonderful day, that I unboxed. I can't even describe my elation, the day I laid eyes on my very own, shinny iPhone. I was like a kid in a candy store, happy as could be. I have owed basically every PDA phone ever made (sold in this country). No unboxing was as dramatic for me as the unboxing of the iPhone...M ( was that a great plug for the iPhone, or what?)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Are you talking about the box it came in or the actual phone being sealed? My box was sealed and upon opening it, the iPhone was covered up too in hard plastic. All 3 of mine were this way.
yes, not only the box was sealed but there was also plastiic protectorant ( is that a word?) on top of the iPhone itself... So much so that there are earlier posts on this site about morons that didn't realize that that the "protectorant" was inhibiting the earpiece.... Whatever...

And if I offended the liberals here with the word " morons" then, well, I guess I have to apologize.... Sue me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
MacMan,
You forgot to explain the "Shine" in your current post, as you did in your previous post. You described my thoughts exactly, when I got mine. You took me back to the wonderful day, that I unboxed. I can't even describe my elation, the day I laid eyes on my very own, shinny iPhone. I was like a kid in a candy store, happy as could be. I have owed basically every PDA phone ever made (sold in this country). No unboxing was as dramatic for me as the unboxing of the iPhone...M ( was that a great plug for the iPhone, or what?)
Wow, man. That was powerful.

You should submit that to Apple. No kidding.

- John