Washed my phone!

ozzlil

Jul 4, 2007
PA
Oh my God, after standing in line 8 hours on July 11th for the new 3G, I washed and dried my phone yesterday! Needless to say it is ruined, returned to Apple, phone not covered under warranty or my extended Apple Cares protection. Had to buy a new phone without the ATT new customer discount...$499! I am ready to cry, scream, something!

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
yeah... that really stinks... I try to check my pockets all the time but I'm not always so diligent. If nothing else, hopefully this thread will help others avoid the mistake.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
How long does a load of laundry take? Like... over an hour, right? I can't remember the last time I went that long without at least reaching in my pocket and touching my iPhone...

_JHK_

Sep 20, 2008
OMG! what i gonna say? hmnnn sad to hear that..Guyz just a few reminder...NEVER EVER WASH your pants without checking those pockets...

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
sorry to hear man that's real unfortunate. Try selling it on eBay (of course stating it's real co ndition). I bet you'd find someone who is willing to buy it

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Note, there is no water detector inside the heaphone socket of the 3G version, only the original iPhone. The water detection paper (x2) is inside the 3G so they would have to open it to detect which I am sure they would do. A Genius cannot detect by using his scope down the headphone socket.

ozzlil

Jul 4, 2007
PA
Picture of damage

Hopefully this works, never added a pic before. Screen had obvious water damage which is still present. The day I washed it, it also had obvious water droplet look to the camera. No Genius needed to figure out what I did!

Attachments