Watch App store

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by imutter, Sep 6, 2014.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

#1 imutter, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm still not interested in an iWatch. Even if it were priced at $50, I'd pass.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This is just my opinion obviously, but being a marketing major and business of course, I feel the iWatch will fail.

4. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Depends on pricing. If it were $50, I would get it without a second thought.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I just hate wearing anything on my arm or wrist. Plus, I don't do all that health stuff that's supposed to be on the iWatch. I don't jog or do anything I can't carry my phone with me. I walk some, but I carry my phone along. If I bought an iWatch, after the new wore off it would be in my junk drawer. I have a feeling that's what many will do. Because they have to have the latest greatest, they'll buy it, then after a while it goes unused. IMO.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I think after the initial release and many buy the iWatch, sales will decline. But for the health/sports functionality, it will have a niche. So I don't think it will fail. But it's not going to sell like hotcakes either. It may at first, but then sales will decline. And I think many will have a negative post purchase evaluation. They'll discover they didn't need it after all.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have to see what the software will be like and what the capabilities are. I like Google Glass !No I actually love it. I got the LG G3 watch and hate it (I won it at a design contest from Google). There is one thing the watch can do, Glass can not which can come in handy. That is create a QR code. Perhaps it gets the NFC chip and can even be used as payment?
    Right now it's all about leaving the phone in the pocket and have important messages at a glance. I prefer to just look up and see it, rather then move my arm and try to figure out what the watch screen says (LG stinks in the sunlight)

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It just might have the NFC chip. But so will the iP6, according to rumor. I can use that just as easy as a watch.

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Yes I know. Still you got to pull it out of the pocket (or for some bag) and get it started.
    I use Loop
    http://www.looppay.com/ and it's so easy! No open purse, finding wallet, getting card, swiping and return everything back. Just to it over again at the next store, But yes for men who carry the phones mostly in the pants pocket it makes not much difference.
    And here we are. The phones are getting bigger. Why is that? Some won't fit in the pockets anymore because they don't need to be there.
    Well we are going to use phones differently (a lot of voice activation). Look at Hint from Moto. This is how it's going at this point.

10. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Really? Has any product in the history of selling stuff done that?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If course they have. Many products have started with a bang, then fizzled out. My favorite was "New Coke". Apple has had a few. The Pippin quickly sold 42,000 units, then died. It was priced too high to compete with Playstation and Nintendo. I expect Watch to do really well initially, but will fall to a niche market with sales nowhere near that of the iPhone. I see too many on the forums who say they don't want one. And they're the tech geeks.

12. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

It was a joke!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Ahh, so!

14. RSB

RSB Guest

Unfortunately, the iWatch costs more than $300.00.