Watch for an extra $2.99 on your bill

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

luomat

Jul 22, 2007
I was going through the junk mail today and stopped at a flyer with the AT&T logo on it and a headline

"Important information about your new Roadside Assistance Service"

I opened it up to find out that as a new AT&T customer we were getting 30 days of service "free" and then it was going to be $2.99/month.

I never asked for this, I never agreed to it. They signed me up without ever telling me about it (otherwise I would have declined, since I already have AAA Plus).

I'm not sure if they did this to all iPhone users or not, but watch your mail and watch your bill. It's called Asurion Roadside Assistance.

Took me 15 minutes bouncing around and being put on hold before I got someone who could actually cancel it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I was going through the junk mail today and stopped at a flyer with the AT&T logo on it and a headline

"Important information about your new Roadside Assistance Service"

I opened it up to find out that as a new AT&T customer we were getting 30 days of service "free" and then it was going to be $2.99/month.

I never asked for this, I never agreed to it. They signed me up without ever telling me about it (otherwise I would have declined, since I already have AAA Plus).

I'm not sure if they did this to all iPhone users or not, but watch your mail and watch your bill. It's called Asurion Roadside Assistance.

Took me 15 minutes bouncing around and being put on hold before I got someone who could actually cancel it.
haven't noticed that but i'll keep an eye out. thanks for the heads up

Muncle

Jul 16, 2007
Texas
yeah..i just got the flyer and assistance cards in the mail...got it the same day i got my first bill.

so i went down to AT&T to pay the bill, its way faster and convenient, so anyway i asked about it and the roadside assistance is put on automatically, you have to cancel it.

so be sure to ask an AT&T person to cancel this. or else you'll be paying $3 a month for what you could do anyway with onstar and stuff these days.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have a question about this. Are you talking about the AAA Roadside Assistance application that is free in the APP Store? The APP doesn't say anything about charges, and it says you can get roadside assistance quickly without calling.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If it makes any difference, this thread passed on to the other side a couple years ago. I'm sure the terms have changed.

bighabeeb

Aug 20, 2009
Yup - saw that I'd been getting charged for this for awhile when I went to change my texting plan.

Freakin rat bastards...seriously. 170 bucks a month for 2 phones isn't enough, you have to smuggle in an extra 2.99 per line?
What arses...I really am starting not to like AT&T so much.