Watch keynote without Quicktime 7?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
What a scam. Apple is forcing us to download and install Quicktime 7 in order to watch the keynote from their website. I can't install quicktime at work. Is there another way to watch it? It's not on Google Video nor YouTube.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
scam lol, its free. It is prob too long for youtube however it may be up just search. Also why aren't you WORKING :) jk.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
scam lol, its free. It is prob too long for youtube however it may be up just search. Also why aren't you WORKING :) jk.
Duh. :p I just said YouTube doesn't have it. It's a scam because I have to use an Apple product. It's not free. It's shareware. And no they don't constantly try to remind you to upgrade quicktime for the low low price of $29.99. No, not at allll.

And I am working. I can work and listen to the keynote at the same time.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Duh. :p I just said YouTube doesn't have it. It's a scam because I have to use an Apple product, and no they don't constantly try to remind you to upgrade quicktime for the low low price of $29.99.

And I am working. I can work and listen to the keynote at the same time.
1. I said Check youtube. Content is added by the minute.
2. Apple is giving it to you for free.
3. Quicktime has never given me an upgrade messege, and even if it did you don't need to accecpt it. Quicktime is free with iTunes.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
quick time can give u an upgrade message if you get it without iTunes. I did this. Also, it would be good to save the video on your computer for later use, and possibly so you could put it on an ipod or something. Thats why it is annoying.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
It can be hard to install stuff on work computers. But QT has been a free download for Macs and Windoze for a very long time. Older versions of QT would ask you if you want to buy a license but I haven't seen that for a long time. The only scam seems to be that your system doesn't have QT7 already. ;)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
The MacWorld keynote was made available as a podcast (see link in my sig). It's possible this keynote will be made available there too.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
The MacWorld keynote was made available as a podcast (see link in my sig). It's possible this keynote will be made available there too.
Thank you, but you have to have iTunes then, right? Something else I can't have on my work computer. Can't they just let us download the MOV or AVI?

animerin

Jun 14, 2007
Quicktime and Leopard

You can watch lots of new vids w/o Quicktime with Leopard (being released soon). By the time that's released, there won't be a need to download Quicktime and you can just view it.