Watch TV on your MBA!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I tried the "Pinnacle TV for Mac HD stick". It's a plug&play USB device that allows you to watch HD TV on your Mac. In this case, my MBA connected to an antenna that picks up any available signal (or it can be connected to cable too, but it's not available in the office).

A definite "thumb up" on this on.:)

All iPhone Pics, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
very nice!

and I agree with the above post. Slingin' on the iPhone would be awesome! I used to use it on my Moto Q and still do on my N95-3, but the iPhone and Slingbox would be the perfect combo.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I tried the "Pinnacle TV for Mac HD stick". It's a plug&play USB device that allows you to watch HD TV on your Mac. In this case, my MBA connected to an antenna that picks up any available signal (or it can be connected to cable too, but it's not available in the office).

A definite "thumb up" on this on.:)

All iPhone Pics, of course.
Nice. How much did that set you back? It's around $120, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
very nice!

and I agree with the above post. Slingin' on the iPhone would be awesome! I used to use it on my Moto Q and still do on my N95-3, but the iPhone and Slingbox would be the perfect combo.
Only if Steve-O thinks so. :p

You know when it comes to what's perfect for the iPhone, he must give it his seal of approval.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Nice. How much did that set you back? It's around $120, no?

Yes, about that. It's worth it if you like watching TV on your display while computing, which I do all the time. I've been doing it since I had a Quadra 605 connected to a VCR connected to cable with a lovely app caller the "Movie Player" under system 7.
This little device is very easy to set up without reading the instructions and fool-proof as long as you have reception.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Awesome little device. I have a SlingBox on my television at home so I used to use my old BlackJack to watch TV on, so I'm really hoping the SlingPlayer team is able to come up with something using the SDK. I just installed SlingPlayer to the MBA today but I can't remember the Player number unfortunately, so I can't watch TV until I go home and get the number. This might be able to hold me over until then.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Thanks im going to have to check this little bugger out.

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
whats the quality like? do you lose quality when its raining and stuff like that

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
whats the quality like? do you lose quality when its raining and stuff like that
It's just like the old rabbit ear antenna's reception. Depends where you're located. Some channels are great, some aren't. It doesn't rain much in Colorado, so I wouldn't know much about that. My house and office #1 get great reception (see the pics above for office#1).
My office #2 is located deep in a steel pit that no radiation can penetrate! I can't really use my iPhone there. I couldn't use my Treo either in the old days. I get 1 (ONE) channel there, on good days.
If you have cable, you can connect it directly to the device.