water stains on screen/camera isn't working! :(

Jenlx410

Aug 10, 2009
hey guys,

I was at the beach listening to music on my brand new iPhone 3gs, and as i reached over to change the song, i dropped it in a cup of beer...my worst nightmare.
The music instantly stopped and i got it out asap. Only the top half had been submerged. It wasn't working, and i did everything i could to dry it...blow dried it, dunked it in a bowl of dry rice overnight...the works.
So now my phone is fulley functioning, however there is a significant amount of water stains on the upper right corner, and the camera/camcorder is not functioning. I can open the application, but the little swirly claw like thing does not open. I was wondering if i would be able to get this repaired. Its been about a week since d-day and no change. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
This is probably want you don't want to hear, but it may be beyond repair. The sugars in the beer will start corroding away at the internal components and their connection points. I had a Samsung Blackjack smartphone that had beer issues (no, not with Dos Equis) and while it partially worked, it slowly started to not work over time. Also, the battery started losing its charge much faster over the following few weeks.