WAV and MP3 Attachments

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SebS13

Sep 28, 2007
I get my home voicemail emailed to me in WAV format, I was able to play them with my old BB8300, but not with my iPhone. Before the release of 1.1.1 the attachment showed up in the emails but was grayed out (unclickable), now its there and clickable but after clicking it the player comes up and I get an error "This movie could not be played"...

Anyone able to play it successfuly?

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I am able to play both WAV and MP3 files from email.
Is there some special encoding that is used in your WAVs that Quicktime cannot recognize?

SebS13

Sep 28, 2007
I am able to play both WAV and MP3 files from email.
Is there some special encoding that is used in your WAVs that Quicktime cannot recognize?
Not that I know of, it's automatically generated from my VOIP provider (optonline). How are you getting the wav file on there? any wav on your computer or something special?

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Not that I know of, it's automatically generated from my VOIP provider (optonline). How are you getting the wav file on there? any wav on your computer or something special?
I imported an MP3 into Audacity (Audio Editor), trimmed it to a short clip then exported it as a 16 bit WAV file.
I then emailed that file to myself and picked it up in the iPhone Email application.

SebS13

Sep 28, 2007
I imported an MP3 into Audacity (Audio Editor), trimmed it to a short clip then exported it as a 16 bit WAV file.
I then emailed that file to myself and picked it up in the iPhone Email application.
Just did the same and it works, guess its how optonline is making the wav file...oh well