Wawa

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Just curious how many people don't have the pleasure of knowing/visiting a Wawa? I must have been in a bubble because I only recently found out that Wawa's are mainly Mid-Atlantic thing...

They're so good. It's like your one stop shop to gas and a delicious Made to Order sandwhich. :laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If it weren't for Wawa, I would probably be unable to fully sustain myself and would no longer be amongst the living. I require one within 5 miles of my location at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Don't know what wawa is but I assure you that in n out is better

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nice! I knew I wasn't alone! Haha. Ahh, you're in Philly Dave? I am looking to move down there soon, now that college is over. I went to Penn State and now am back home in Reading, PA. For my degree though, Philly is where the jobs are at! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hit me up when/if you do. I've been here since 2000 and love it. Lots of great reasons to stay in this area!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
There's a Wawa less than a mile from my mother's apartment in Atlantic City. Can't escape getting breakfast bagels/biscuits every morning, along with a large cup of vanilla flavored coffee.

You wouldn't think I would keep my vehicles from enjoying Wawa as well? Cheapest gas between Atlantic City and the Del Mem Bridge.

By the bye, there is a Wawa in Frederick, as well. :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I definitely thought you were saying Wamu at first and couldn't see why one would get excited to go to a bank.

I remember seeing some iRovr pics of Dave's from WaWa. I might have to try and find one.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
WaWa is becoming Chase lol
I really enjoy stopping at WaWa's when i travel upstate NY
there are no WaWa's near me in the city but they are the best
wawa brand root beer = win

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
WaWa is becoming Chase lol
I really enjoy stopping at WaWa's when i travel upstate NY
there are no WaWa's near me in the city but they are the best
wawa brand root beer = win
come on, Tom...no root beer can beat a Dr. Brown's Black Cherry from a NY deli.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I have to travel 25 mins to get near a Wawa.... but I do have quick checks

Jun 26, 2007
WaWa is my life in a nutshell.
Woo Philly! And woo for Avalon having one at the shore!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What's with their iced coffee? It's like liquid crack with chocolate milk in it. Doesn't even taste remotely like coffee, but it's amazing! Seriously knocks me for a loop, too, and I'm fairly immune to caffeine at this point in my life...

Also love their instant milkshake machines and their Mac-n-Cheese (just because they use Stouffer's which is pretty much the best there is).

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I knew not what a WaWa was or even that such a place existed. See, I learn something new everyday from you guys. SUCH a wealth of information here. ;)

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
The only WaWa I've seen was when I visited my grandparents in Atlantic City. The name cracks me up though

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_wawa

Wawa's origins go back to 1803, when the Millville Manufacturing Co. was founded. This enterprise operated textile mills in several states, including major plants in southern New Jersey. In the late 19th century Millville owner George Wood became interested in dairy farming, and he imported cows from Guernsey in the Channel Islands of the United Kingdom. As Philadelphia resident, Wood had bought a summer home for his family in Wawa, a suburb west of Media, in 1890, and he established a small plant there to process his dairy products. (Wawa is the word for goose in the native American Lenni Lenape langauge, and a goose appears on the corporate logo.)
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Wawa-Inc-Company-History.html