Way to receive pictures from MMS of others?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Is there a way for others to send pictures to the iPhone like they do with MMS? Friends used to send pictures to my old Razor but now with the iPhone i do not even get the sms text message?

Is there anyway for them to do it other than via email?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Im really new at this, would it be possible to tell me how this works?

Thanks

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Im really new at this, would it be possible to tell me how this works?

Thanks
to send a picture to someone else just click on that picture and then hit the icon on the bottom left of the picture. click on email and then type either an email address or a gateway. here's an example for a gateway number: 10 digit cell number@mms.att.net or 10 digit number@tmomail.net. it all depends on the carrier. Simple!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Thanks Big, I understand all that but yesterday for instance my G/F tried to send me a voice message via SMS and I got a message from AT&T stating I had a multimedia message and directed my to go viewmymessage.com. Is there anyway to receive MMS messages other than email?

Thanks again

Tug

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Apple doesn't believe in MMS, and I don't think we will end up getting this one, guys.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
MMS is a pain on the iPhone and as aenti said you probably are not going to see it. The sooner we accept this the better.:)

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
MMS is a pain on the iPhone and as aenti said you probably are not going to see it. The sooner we accept this the better.:)
Thats to bad, I really enjoyed getting MMS messages on my Voyager.

dangerouslaser

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
North East
fortunately MMS is a software issue thereforee it could be 'enabled' by a third party application or a future software update *crosses fingers*

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Thanks Big, I understand all that but yesterday for instance my G/F tried to send me a voice message via SMS and I got a message from AT&T stating I had a multimedia message and directed my to go viewmymessage.com. Is there anyway to receive MMS messages other than email?

Thanks again

Tug
at least you received an email from AT&T stating you have a mms message. i have tons of friends who send me a picture and i have yet to receive that message.

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
The iPhone not having MMS is a giant joke. It's a slap in the face of anyone who coughed up the money for it. I bought the first one, and sold it for full retail price. I won't be making that same mistake again. It's a great phone, but it's a shame that Jobs is such an imbecile.

LG Vu > Apple iPhone.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
The iPhone not having MMS is a giant joke. It's a slap in the face of anyone who coughed up the money for it. I bought the first one, and sold it for full retail price. I won't be making that same mistake again. It's a great phone, but it's a shame that Jobs is such an imbecile.

LG Vu > Apple iPhone.
Damn, what a downgrade over one missing feature...well, that's your choice tex, hope you're enjoying your Vu :)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA

LG Vu > Apple iPhone.
my wife was gonna get that phone but i talked her out of it

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Damn, what a downgrade over one missing feature...well, that's your choice tex, hope you're enjoying your Vu :)
It's hardly a downgrade considering that the iPhone 3g is selling for 500-700 on ebay, and it doesn't even have the features that free phones have. It's pathetic.