We ain't getting MMS until Apple changes the SMS icon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
The icon says "SMS" and it wouldn't make sense to have SMS and MMS if the icon just says SMS. For those waiting on MMS, pay attention to that icon because it has to change first. Just noticed this so I thought I'd share.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
true, we arent getting MMS in the next update thats for sure. if we do, Apple will likely change the icon to chat and combine IM, SMS, and MMS into 1 app.
Ok so if Apple updates so we CAN use MMS, then we would have to update iTunes right. and if we update iTunes, doesn't that mean no more moding?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The icon says "SMS" and it wouldn't make sense to have SMS and MMS if the icon just says SMS. For those waiting on MMS, pay attention to that icon because it has to change first. Just noticed this so I thought I'd share.
Since MMS is used to send media files I would assume they would add it to the attachment and not the SMS application. I am not saying that clearly, but basically just like when you e-mail a photo to a friend, you would have an MMS option there. I guess that is how I always imagined it would go. Then they can keep the awful SMS application untouched and go from there.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
LOL at these types of threads.

We are probably never getting MMS. you do realize Apple NEVER said MMS was going to be on the table for the future right......

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
It's totally coming. I found a hidden message written on a scrap of paper just under my battery when I cracked open my iPhone.

Proof positive.

I won't post a photo because you guys will say it's photoshopped!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
LOL at these types of threads.

We are probably never getting MMS. you do realize Apple NEVER said MMS was going to be on the table for the future right......
I am reasonably sure that SJ also said that we would not have access to iTunes for music purchases since people don't want that when they are on the go and that is coming. I would have to look back to see where I read that, but I am reasonably sure I did. Besides, people can have hope. They never said that we would be able to disable EDGE and that is coming.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
It's totally coming. I found a hidden message written on a scrap of paper just under my battery when I cracked open my iPhone.

Proof positive.

I won't post a photo because you guys will say it's photoshopped!
No post it , I promise I wont say its photoshopped...:cool::cool: You can trust me :D

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
that's weird because my note was from Steve Jobs, and he told me he loves me (referencing the youtube video of how copy+paste might look)