We love you, Bennyboy!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Honor necessity my friend. Please help resolve whatever troubles there are in a timely manner and come back to your other family here. We take a lot of things for granted in our daily lives, well i tend to anyway, and maybe we should take a moment to realize how precious each moment is. Hope to see you grace us with your presense soon.

Reactions: Bennyboy

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
First and foremost thank you James, you didn't have to, and thank you all for the kind words, they mean a lot.

It's not a matter of publicly telling my businesss, I just don't like when people feel sorry for me, my father always taught me to be strong, don't matter what the situation is, because I have to be strong for someone else's who's weaker than me, and I have been, in public at least.
So don't feel sorry for me, we all go through some rough times in life, some earlier than others, unfortunately for me I'm one of those.

They say being a dad is the most beautiful thing that can happen to a man, to me being a son is a close second. I was able to enjoy that, every minute of it, and took every lesson to heart because my dad wasn't just my dad, but my hero, my best friend, my teacher in life, and that's something no one cant ever take away from me.
I was able to say goodnight to him, he showed me his beautiful brown eyes when I asked him to, and gave me a kiss even thou he didn't even have the strength to breath anymore and I walked away, like everything was ok even thou I was dying inside.
That was my dad, being strong for me, he didn't want me feeling sorry for him, and I didn't want him to see how much I was in pain.
Now I need to be there for my family, and especially my mom, so I don't want to be treated differently, I need to feel normality again, it's been a long 18 months of pain and sadness, and life is too damn short to be sad.

Thank you again everyone, and to all your dads, tonight when you go home give an extra hug to your kids, that's what you can do for me.

Attachments

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Thanks for sharing, and for bringing a tear to me eyes.
Awesome pic!
I would say you are lucky to have been able to say goodbye, no matter how painful.
My dad passed when I was 10, and my folks were estranged, so there was no opportunity for that.
36 years later, I think of him almost daily, when I look in the eyes of my boys.......

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
You are one of my heroes, Benny! Thank you for sharing the picture! You are a beautiful man with qualities so rare in today's world. I see how that came about ... your parents are incredible. You are one of the reasons I continue to return to this forum daily. Carry on, my friend!

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Benny, I am truly sorry for your loss. I am glad that you are a strong man that can get through this. Fathers are the greatest human beings on this planet, and I know it must be hard losing them because I cannot imagine losing mine. Remember, though, we're all here for you in case you ever need anything, and of course you have your real family also. Stay strong and have faith in God, Benny, because good things always come to good people, and he is in a much better place now and hopefully one day we will all be, too.

Have a great day, my friend, love ya

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Great post and great picture Benny. I felt just that kind of bond with my dad before he passed. I worked with him and he was my best friend.

Your approach, your strength, and the way you follow his lead are all so admirable. Very glad to see you back.

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
I've been lurking but not posting, but thought I'd stop in to pass on my condolences and to tell you I admire your strength Benni!

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Benny, I'm sorry for your loss. The post was very very nice, thank you for sharing. Has got to be one of the best posts on here, and especially the nicest picture.

Cheers,
Mac.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Benny, thank you for sharing such a personal and painful moment of your life with us. I just read this here at my desk and I have tears running down my face. I am glad you got to see him before he joined God.

Thank you for sharing the picture of your parents. I can clearly see where you get your character and personality. My prayers go out to you and your family.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Benny, your father sounds like a wonderful man - you're the same. Hope all is well, keep smilin' mate.

-John

ericsinsideout

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
To be honest, I never really know what to say in these situations (which is odd since I usually have something to say about almost everything), but I'm glad you can stay strong through this situation. I'm sorry for your loss but I can only imagine how proud he was and still is of you. You're a good man Benny.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Thanks again guys.

If you guys look at the date on the photo, it's only a few days before I joined the forum, thats the last time i truly saw my dad's smile. He was being a kid driving my sister insane while she was trying to take a pic, but he wouldn't stand still. the day before I joined eiC I found out about my dads lung cancer, the rest is history. This place, you guys especially, helped me get my mind off things, even for a few moments a day, but it worked.
So now you see why I posted so much, the more I posted the less I thought about the chance of me losing him, even thou it was sitting there in the back of my mind waiting to strike again.

Again, thanks for the words, I need to catch up on my posts now, I'm not even at 15,000 yet :)

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
From the photo on here and the one on twitter your dad looked a real character. No doubt now he'll be up there telling stories about you.
Time is a great healer.

Right off to the soccer thread to stir it up (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My heart goes out to you Benny! I've also been in your situation. I know all the emotions that you speak of. I think I speak for everyone here who feels blessed by your presense on this board. I miei pensieri sono con voi.