Weather app always off?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
On a stock 3G is anyones weather app always off? Like now in houston it is telling me that it is 38 and it cant be its like 60 outside. Anyone elese feel that the weather app is always wrong?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Sometime it's off by locations. I use the weather channel app. I like it much better.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I have the weather bug app it's ok but I just like the stock weather app bc it's fast to upload.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
The Accuweather app is my favorite. Between TWC and Weather Bug, there is quite a variety of choices to compliment the stock app. The stock app sometimes takes up to 20 or 30 Seconds to update. That doesn't mean there is a real problem.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
On a stock 3G is anyones weather app always off? Like now in houston it is telling me that it is 38 and it cant be its like 60 outside. Anyone elese feel that the weather app is always wrong?
So far I have found mine to be quite accurate. I can check it against twc app and they are within 1-2 degrees of each other.

Are the accuweather and twc apps free?
Yes they are.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
There is nothing wrong with your stock weather app.. you have to change the setting from celcius to farenhiet!
Although, the accuweather app is much nicer than TWC app.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
There is nothing wrong with your stock weather app.. you have to change the setting from celcius to farenhiet!
Although, the accuweather app is much nicer than TWC app.
I don't think so. 38C is considerably warmer than 60F.

/Jim

BogeyPro

Oct 24, 2008
I use MyWeather. Great app, fairly accurate and had radar

I'm a weather guy and I use a few. MyWeather is on my main page, I too like the radar, trend and forecast display. It's especially nice to be able to rotate it to landscape and get full-screen radar.

I also use Aero Weather. It displays data from NOAA's NWS and is presents METAR data in a really nice format.

Finally, I have a link to my personal weather station data so I get accurate info from my front yard.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I have both TWC and Accuweather aps

They are free but I like the TWC better since it gives you a 10 day forecast and accuweather is only 5.