Weather app incorrect

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by rivalcycle, Mar 12, 2008.

1. rivalcycle

rivalcycle New Member

I am currently running 1.1.4 and the weather app has been displaying incorrect information. It is showing that it is night time and displaying a temperature that is well below what it really is. This has been going on all day. Is there something wrong with yahoo weather? any ideas? thanks!

2. Apple124

Apple124 Member
    Bronze

Try turning your phone on and then off.
    Or do a soft restore by holding down the power/sleep button and home button for 10 seconds until the phone turns off and then the Apple logo shows up.

3. rivalcycle

rivalcycle New Member

I tried that. Thanks for the suggestion though. It seems to be bouncing back and forth between displaying night and day and which temperatures it shows. Im guessing it is some sort of temporary issue.

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Mine's been doing the same exact thing. It's also only messing up on the first city in my list. All the others are fine.

5. primsa

primsa Member
    Bronze

The first one one mine was also incorrect. I deleted it and then added it back in and now it is correct.

6. hennessie2000

hennessie2000 New Member

I am getting this same thing...sometimes its the second city and sometimes the first. If I delete a city it is fine until it updates again. Its telling me its Sunny (daytime) and 55 degrees out when its Midnight and about 38 degrees. I thought it was an app I installed but then when I restored the phone twice it was still doing it after a fresh restore and done as a new phone, w/ default everything. It started doing this to me on March 12 in the evening sometime.

7. rivalcycle

rivalcycle New Member

Ya, mine is still doing it. I have no idea what is going on with it at this point.

8. DZDZDZDZ

DZDZDZDZ New Member

These forecasts are not accurate. Weather.com Yahoo London forecasts on iPhone continue to be ramdom and unrelated to weather. There is a systematic downward bias on the London summer temperature forecast of about 4 degrees. At most times of day, the forecast high displayed on my iPhone is several degrees below the actual temperature, even in the morning. Currently iPhone shows london actual 25C, and a maximum of 22C shown on the same screen. The forecast highs are several degrees below those provided by reputable organisations such as the UK met office. This consistent downward temperature forecast bias is a daily summer occurrence and has gone on for years. I have plenty of screencaps. I have tried to post on weather.com the simple suggestion that they monitor London forecasts against actuals out-turns and make the necessary bias correction. Despite taking the time, my posts have not been approved by the moderator. It's a pity yahoo weather is provided as a default. It probably explains why they have no incentive to improve the accuracy. I suggest switching to a proper weather app.