Weather app location services

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Anybody having issues with the weather app being off on location lately?

Sent using iCafe app

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Yeah I've been having some issues the weather app is showing a nearby city not my city where I live. I haven't been able to fix it yet. I did a hard reset and turned off the location services and then back on but no change. My next step will likely be to reset location services if the problem doesn't fix itself.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yeah I've been having some issues the weather app is showing a nearby city not my city where I live. I haven't been able to fix it yet. I did a hard reset and turned off the location services and then back on but no change. My next step will likely be to reset location services if the problem doesn't fix itself.

Sent using iCafe app
Have you tried adding your city by name (tap the "i" on the lower right-hand corner of the screen), instead of relying on the GPS... Just for now, so you have a way to retrieve the weather for your city, until everything goes back to normal for you...

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Yeah I have my city typed in the weather app. Thanks for the tip though and it does show up in the weather widget on the notification tray when I have location services off for the weather app. But I'm just a stupid perfectionist that wants to solve problems even when I can't.

Sent using iCafe app